WTB Pair of K42 woofers

TFR1

On 2/8/2018 at 6:05 PM, jimjimbo said:

Totally disagree.  I guarantee you will hear a significant difference between the two.  Jerry, if you could install both and do some testing, and if you have the time, please report on your findings.

I can say for sure the older KP-250's with the cloth grille (mine are from 1989) and K-42-K woofers are much better sounding than the newer ones with the K-42-KP woofers. I have both in the shop right now and have played them side by side and the K-42-K woofer speakers are every bit as good as Forte's just lacking the same depth of bass. The crossovers are identical so I think I can rule them out. If I keep a pair for the other side of my shop out of KP-260's, KP-262's, KP-250 newer versions Heresy's or the older KP-250's the older KP-250's win hands down.

• Thanks 1

@LalaWoots

So your pictures are of yet another K-42 woofer version that I have not seen. Attached are pics of a K-42 with a stamped frame and a K-42-KP with a cast frame.

Your woofers appear to have cast frames but are labeled K-42-EP. Are they 8 ohm woofers? 

Can you tell me what speaker model they were used in? What years they were made?

Jerry

thumbnail-3 copy.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg

Jerry, I believe the woofers I have were made by Electro-Voice and thus the “EP” suffix.

Other than that I don’t know anything else about them. They did sound better (to me)than the stamped basket version and the grey basket EVM12LI used to own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, LalaWoots said:

Jerry, I believe the woofers I have were made by Electro-Voice and thus the “EP” suffix.

Other than that I don’t know anything else about them. They did sound better (to me)than the stamped basket version and the grey basket EVM12LI used to own.

Electro-Voice?  Or Eminence?  And "P"is for Pro.

I stand corrected: Eminence. I would sell them for $240 shipped within the contiguous USA or $230 shipped Paypal friends and family.

Basically I need $100 net for each woofer plus actual shipping costs (I have a FedEx account with a nice discount).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Frank merchant said:

Do you still have the single stock K 42 for sale

Sorry but no all 3 have been sold. I do have an older k-42 EV woofer with a scratchy voice-coil not sure if I should just toss it in the trash or if it has any value for a rebuild.. I hate throwing out old Klipsch parts

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...