SOLD Pending Payment Beautiful Walnut Oil Chorus II pair

jimjimbo

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Not necessarily "up and beyond", just different.  I have found that I prefer my Khorn and La Scala sets for the music that I listen to.  The Chorus IIs were just not getting much play, and I thought it best that someone else enjoy them.  I have collected so much over the years, and like many others here, it became almost an obsession....Through buying and selling and trading, I've been fortunate enough to find some great deals on speakers, amps, preamps, tubes, etc, etc, etc.....Some of them I took on as projects, others because they simply appealed to me, they were a great price, a recognized quality vintage piece.  However, at some point it's time to realize that there aren't enough hours in the day to listen, move things around, reconfigure....And, not to mention that late last year I got a wake up call from my cardiologist who called me a "walking heart attack", and after a quadruple bypass, that certainly helped to put things into perspective as well....

I did the same thing years ago when I became involved in US National and World Championship air rifle competition.  I bought, sold, traded at least 50 high end rifles.  Had custom made stocks and other accessories.  Traveled all over the US to test and compete.  The mentality was exactly like with audio gear now.  It brought me an enormous amount of joy, and I met (and still do meet) some fabulous people.  But.....the collection became overwhelming, and honestly, a bit silly.  So, over the next couple of months I plan on letting go a pretty good chunk of the gear and parts that I have now.  Sorry for the long answer....

A good long answer and one that should have me clearing out a fair amount of my collection as well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Not necessarily "up and beyond", just different.  I have found that I prefer my Khorn and La Scala sets for the music that I listen to.  The Chorus IIs were just not getting much play, and I thought it best that someone else enjoy them.  I have collected so much over the years, and like many others here, it became almost an obsession....Through buying and selling and trading, I've been fortunate enough to find some great deals on speakers, amps, preamps, tubes, etc, etc, etc.....Some of them I took on as projects, others because they simply appealed to me, they were a great price, a recognized quality vintage piece.  However, at some point it's time to realize that there aren't enough hours in the day to listen, move things around, reconfigure....And, not to mention that late last year I got a wake up call from my cardiologist who called me a "walking heart attack", and after a quadruple bypass, that certainly helped to put things into perspective as well....

I did the same thing years ago when I became involved in US National and World Championship air rifle competition.  I bought, sold, traded at least 50 high end rifles.  Had custom made stocks and other accessories.  Traveled all over the US to test and compete.  The mentality was exactly like with audio gear now.  It brought me an enormous amount of joy, and I met (and still do meet) some fabulous people.  But.....the collection became overwhelming, and honestly, a bit silly.  So, over the next couple of months I plan on letting go a pretty good chunk of the gear and parts that I have now.

Sorry for the long answer....

No, not too long an answer, rather a right sized answer both with speakers and with life.

I don't often quote a person's entire comment, but I thought I should here.  There is quite a bit of knowledge, self-awareness and insight articulated I think we can all benefit from.  I know I did.

Best post of the year.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

No, not too long an answer, rather a right sized answer both with speakers and with life.

I don't often quote a person's entire comment, but I thought I should here.  There is quite a bit of knowledge, self-awareness and insight articulated I think we can all benefit from.  I know I did.

Best post of the year.

I wasn't complaining about the length, just using his words "Sorry for the long answer..."

I agree with the wisdom in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teaman said:

Did the sale not go through Jim?

That was a sweet deal. Hope nothing worked against you in the deal if it went south.

Tim

Just a simple misunderstanding, that's all.  No harm, no foul.

• Like 1