Klipschorn Special Order Mahogany Finish Year 2000 Missouri

Edgar

15 minutes ago, Schu said:

Who's paying 6k for used Klipschorns on the secondary market?

I have very few data points for Khorns which I lump into the category Year 2K to present.  They are various years and finishes and most are un-verified sales figures.  I'll just list them and the reader can judge for himself.

3500, 5200, 4900, 10,000, 6500.

I mean the klipschorn pricing has firmed up over the last year or two on the lower end of the spectrum... but I think many might be surprised at the "street" pricing on a new set of la scala or klipschorn... delivered to your door in factory packaging.

When folks list near new klipschorns for 9k-10k on the secondary market, I think they would be shocked at how much they probably over paid originally.

While mahogany is a rarer finish for klipsch, it's not a rare wood.

I was offered a very rare pair of 60th Klipschorns for $5500 +/- and I still balked at it because I am a player at 4500$ +/-... less about budget and more about value. When I start thinking 5500-6500, things really begin opening up in terms of other choices beyond Klipschorns.

8 minutes ago, Schu said:

I mean the klipschorn pricing has firmed up over the last year or two on the lower end of the spectrum... but I think many might be surprised at the "street" pricing on a new set of la scala or klipschorn... delivered to your door in factory packaging.

I don't know the street price on new LS or Khorn, and as for used?  I just write down what I see and the numbers are the numbers.  I don't see late model sales all that often.

It is absolutely correct to question an "average" with 5 data points, no confirmation of Sold prices, and a range between hi/lo of 6500.  "Average" in this case is practically meaningless.

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I have very few data points for Khorns which I lump into the category Year 2K to present.  They are various years and finishes and most are un-verified sales figures.  I'll just list them and the reader can judge for himself.

3500, 5200, 4900, 10,000, 6500.

you forgot my 2007s

Mark