Alexandr Misko

Schu

After seeing this video... I immediately went out and purchased Alexandr Misko's entire discography (2 Albums)... He's from Russia, there must be nothing better to do than practice!

this is actually one of his more tame pieces... the CD's are completely mind blowing good and have great recording quality and dynamic range.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Schu said:

After seeing this video... I immediately went out and purchased Alexandr Misko's entire discography (2 Albums)... He's from Russia, there must be nothing better to do than practice!

this is actually one of his more tame pieces... the CD's are completely mind blowing good and have great recording quality and dynamic range.

nice thanks for the post

this one is for bigstewman

Have you taken the time to purchase or listen to any of miskos Albums?

That's why I started this thread... the CD's are fantastic, specially on Heritage speakers.

The videos are teasers.

16 hours ago, Schu said:

The capo?

It doesn't clamp down to the fingerboard, it merely needs to hold the string across a fret. Loosening the the string at the tuner will still diminish or augment a pitch.

OK, I thought it was the same as fingering a chord.

JJK

It is the same... you don't need to use the fingerboard to change a note.

On a properly set up guitar the note changes once the string makes contact with the fret, not the fingerboard. On a guitar that needs work, you get buzzing which makes some press harder to try and tighten the action at the buzzing fret.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

It is the same... you don't need to use the fingerboard to change a note.

On a properly set up guitar the note changes once the string makes contact with the fret, not the fingerboard. On a guitar that needs work, you get buzzing which makes some press harder to try and tighten the action at the buzzing fret.

OK, Now I get it.

JJK

On 3/4/2018 at 11:13 PM, Schu said:

Have you taken the time to purchase or listen to any of miskos Albums?

That's why I started this thread... the CD's are fantastic, specially on Heritage speakers.

The videos are teasers.

Yes, I've listened... I believe Calum is better, he plays cleaner with better intonation. Similar styles, I imagine he has listened to a lot of the musicians on Candyrat. He IS quite accomplished, I'm not saying he isn't good.

I was able to watch again on a larger monitor...

He has put banjo d-tuners on the guitar that he uses in the for video (George Michael...). Makes is easy to tune / detune correctly.

He's good... ;)