Which Klipsch Product Should I be looking at ?

augustya30

2 minutes ago, augustya30 said:

I am not in the U.S I am in India, I am travelling next month to New Jersey can pick it up in that visit.

That helps to know.

I have a racquetball (like squash) buddy who is Indian.  I'll talk to him tonight and see what he recommends in terms of finding speakers in the US and getting them shipped back to India.  I know it's a LONG airplane ride!

4 minutes ago, augustya30 said:

Yes sir ! But before we need to each to a solution I am freeze on a solution for me :)

If you are going to be one of the few people in India with Klipsch speakers, we will help you to find the very best ones that work for you!  B)

Can you post a link or two to a Youtube video of the kind of music you like?

• Thanks 1

Look at the speakers listed on the site.

I presume you are going to take them back.  Size/weight becomes a consideration.

If you want to get some seriously good speakers for your $$$, look for used.

New, I would look at RP-160's and go with that.    The RB-81 II don't look bad, either

11 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I presume you are going to take them back.  Size/weight becomes a consideration.

New, I would look at RP-160's and go with that.    The RB-81 II don't look bad, either

Either of these would be excellent paired with the right amp and front end electronics.  Not too hard to ship based on the box size.  My vote would be the RP-160M though.

14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

If you are going to be one of the few people in India with Klipsch speakers, we will help you to find the very best ones that work for you!  B)

Can you post a link or two to a Youtube video of the kind of music you like?

Here You go...

This is the kind of Music I like to Listen to...:D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5poby0ca7pzwdh/Guy J_2026_Original.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kr98oaka4o2q4t/Guy J_7_11_Original.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v9adcszs1ixzc5/Guy J_Diaspora_Original_Mix.mp3?dl=0

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

"My question to you guys would be, how would a Soundbar and a dedicated Sub-Woofer sound as a set-up ? It sounds minimalist yet powerful, with an external Sub to it".

I cannot have an external Amplifier also for the speakers, I need a self powered Speaker with a built in Amplifier in it. Does the RP-160 and the RB-81 II have that ? Would these speakers require a separate Sub to it, or they have a Woofer inbuilt in them ?

Are they wireless ? Like between the two speakers is there a cable dangling and which goes through from one unit to another. And last I wanna have a Airplay aswell. So will this have the ability to get connected to an Airport Express receiver if I want to attach a Airport Express to it to enable Airplay ?

How would I keep them ? install them ? Will it be wall mounted ? is ther a stand, bracket available for them ? or how ? Because I do not want to decrease, degrade the Aestehics of my bedroom. Infact I want them to look like a lifestyle product than just a piece of hardware lying there. I mean if we can take into consideration this point also.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a pair of Chorus I's for $700 although that is getting very hard to do. I like them better than Cornwalls and Fortes and they have good bass + pretty musical in all other ways to. Dub to Cello if I was not running Pro gear these would be the ones for me. No they are not like 20hz subs but they do go easily down to the lower 30's. 

Every person who has tried running their speakers off iPhones I have personally met has hurt their sound quality. I sold a pair of older KP250's to a guy recently who insisted on running them with his small tube amp and iPhone which he brought with him. Sounded really bad until we hooked up his amp to feed direct from my PC audio splitter and then it sounded right. The dude gets home and I check in to see how he liked them a few days later. They don't sound like they did down there at your place he says. Are you using the iPhone? Yes. Stop doing that and you will be OK. He did and it was rave reviews after that.

Wired not wireless would be my choice also.

Posted before reading to the end. There are people here who buy and sell overseas all the time. Don't know what the hassles and costs are but it goes on a lot. I sell at times to a Korean guy who accumulates and then sends a shipping container back home full of Klipsch and other things. I bet someone is doing that in your area too if you can find them