Why so many problems? About to give up!!

Craig6519

First I get a great deal on 2 Acurus amps, then I buy a H/K 520 to use as a pre-amp, these works great for a few months and I decide to go with the outlaw 950. Move to my new house hook up the ouutlaw and acurus amps, I have a huge buzz/hiss problem, I isolate the buzz down to a cable box, slap in two cheater plugs and the buzz is gone, however the HISS is LOUD, I disconnected reconnected, checked each piece one at a time still HISS, so the outlaw goes back, the the wife says you have to much stuff Blah blah blah, so i take out the Acurus amps, have them up for sale by the way and start to use the H/K 520 by itself but while i'm trying to set it up it keeps shutting down!!!, whenever i play a movie or listen to a cd it's fine but when i go into the osd menu after a few minutes it shuts down8.gif Now the wife says those SVS subs are too big for the living room, thats why i also have a post on selling them and getting the RSW 15. If i knew H.T. was going to cost so much and cause so many different problems I would have shyed away from it, but no i had to go into a dealer one day and listen to KLIPSCH Evil Klipsch, now all I have is problems trying to get it right. Is there light at the the end of the H.T tunnel?

Craig6519

Craig,

I understand some of your problems,see both my ATI 1505 and 2505 did have a nasty and loud BUZZ,and as soon as the volume on the 3801 or Sunfire TG II was up from zero the buzz was huge.I tried Chang Lightspeed power filters,PS Audio conditioners,helped some,and then last thursday I moved the speaker wires(Monster M2.4B)and the BUZZ went away?!?! Go figure,not like I was using lamp cord

BTW when I moved my Celeste 4150 and W5 to the same room there was no buzz!Even borrowed a Anthem 2 channel amp and it gave to audible buzz.It can be very frustrating,I know.

If you want a compact subwoofer with serious output may I guide you towards a Sunfire Signature or Velodyne SPL1200.No more giant toilet paper rolls 3.gif

Check the house wiring and make sure the neutral to the transformer on the pole is intact. It may require the services of an electrician. One symptom is high voltage to outlets on one side of the breaker box and lower voltage to outlets on the other side of the box. I had that once and it does spooky things.

John

Hey buddy, I feel your pain. I know how hard it is to satisify your lust for home theater all the while keeping the SAF (spousal approval factor) up.

SAF... why does that not seem correct. That's not the right term is it?4.gif

Sometimes you just have to be tenacious to get what you want. I am and it has worked for me. 2.gif

We'll it's back!!! The H/K is shutting down again7.gif I don't think it's an electrical problem with my house, it's only 2 months old. It must be an internal amp problem, because when i used it as a pre-amp it never shutdown. And if it was a voltage problem wouldn't my panamax 5300 filter out all the crap and not allow that to happen? What next about to get out the sledge hammer

11.gif

Craig