Qsc cinema speakers? (Big horn like k 402)

Ljk

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Sheesh, that is not a problem.

Some jbl 2445j drivers, 4 inch diaphragms... 28 lbs. each.

They have W bins with ports in the front. Ugly, though, looks like they're covered in rat fur.

Jbl 2240 h 18 inch woofers.

Bruce

--- you're right. Many of the Pro JBL compression drivers are 1 - 1.5 exits with huge, weighty magnet assemblies. Now the 375 is a different story --

27 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- you're right. Many of the Pro JBL compression drivers are 1 - 1.5 exits with huge, weighty magnet assemblies. Now the 375 is a different story --

Neo is the answer :D  My little Faital Pro HF10AK's work wonderfully down to around 800/850 and are tiny.  Almost the same size as the flange on a 511, like it was made for that.

Been a long day and had time to think about these horns and decided to let them go. Far from a horn expert but decided I did not want to deal with a 1300hz bass bin. Looked at passive xover, nice but for the home they would be out of tune and would most likely still need an active xover to get right? Not sure if the driver would be easy to up grade down the road or if it could be used as a meh with those angled sides.

I could not find a price on the horn by itself but with 2 15 inch subs as a bass bin it sale's for 1500.00 and change. Got to figure 125.00 each is a good deal for the horn if you could use them. Thanks for the replys, helped me to decide. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ssh said:

The Rialto theatre in El Dorado, Arkansas is being remodeled as a part of the Murphy Arts District, but I hope they continue to use Klipsch, as they have in the Griffin and Amphitheatre venues.

SSH

I thought the one in the process of being restored was in Searcy? 

Someone told me the "Rialto in AR" was "officially" haunted.

There are several Rialto theaters in Texas, all owned and built by Sid Hall.  They are trying to save many of those in many different places.  They were built in the 1920s and then ownership changed many times.  The typical scenario was that when a nearby multiscreen theater opened up nearby people stopped going to these beautiful theaters and they closed down.

I live in Searcy and we have a Rialto here but I've never heard anything about it being haunted.  Years ago, the man who ran this theater also ran another 15+ around the county/area.  He foresaw where the multi-screen theaters were about to take off in other parts of the country so he cashed out on all the ones he had.  Sold most to different people and those eventually went under.  The city took over the Rialto quite a few years ago and he had been running it for a long time but he was ready to retire.  So, it fully went under the city "bubble" and it we will continue to restore it internally as time goes and donations come in.  Repairing or replacing the falling stucco walls inside will be a priority soon and all new seating will go in over time, repainting, etc., but keeping it true to heritage.

I really had nothing to do with what was bought overall for the sound system but it kicks butt and we didn't have to spend a ton of money on it.  We tout that the old Rialto is the only 7.1 surround system in town; the 8 screen place has 5.1.

Thing is about theaters, if a larger AMC, IMAX, or something with more screens decided to open up in town (doubtful), it would put the Cinema 8 out of business.  Which would bother no one here because the owner is a(n) __________   (fill in the blank with your own word).  Wouldn't affect the Rialto as it's city owned and doesn't play brand new releases, which most older theaters don't.  They are a few months old.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I live in Searcy and we have a Rialto here but I've never heard anything about it being haunted.  Years ago, the man who ran this theater also ran another 15+ around the county/area.  He foresaw where the multi-screen theaters were about to take off in other parts of the country so he cashed out on all the ones he had.  Sold most to different people and those eventually went under.  The city took over the Rialto quite a few years ago and he had been running it for a long time but he was ready to retire.  So, it fully went under the city "bubble" and it we will continue to restore it internally as time goes and donations come in.  Repairing or replacing the falling stucco walls inside will be a priority soon and all new seating will go in over time, repainting, etc., but keeping it true to heritage.

I really had nothing to do with what was bought overall for the sound system but it kicks butt and we didn't have to spend a ton of money on it.  We tout that the old Rialto is the only 7.1 surround system in town; the 8 screen place has 5.1.

Thing is about theaters, if a larger AMC, IMAX, or something with more screens decided to open up in town (doubtful), it would put the Cinema 8 out of business.  Which would bother no one here because the owner is a(n) __________   (fill in the blank with your own word).  Wouldn't affect the Rialto as it's city owned and doesn't play brand new releases, which most older theaters don't.  They are a few months old.

There was a guy in Texas, Sid Hall, who build/owned about  22 theaters and named some of the "Rialto."  There is one in Beeville that they are restoring right now that has a very similar history as what your are describing in Searcy.  The theater was taken over by the City and a non-profit group is trying to raise donations (about  1 million so far) to get it in condition to show movies again.

I don't know if the Rialto theaters here in Texas have anything to do with the ones in AR.  When was he one in Searcy built, do you know?  I believe Beeville was 1922.

Travis

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, ssh said:

The one in El Do is promoted as being haunted. The restoration is phase two of the Murphy Arts District.

SSH

I remember one was haunted.  I heard it was even "official."  I wonder what the process is for getting officially declared "haunted."

• Like 1