Online DVD shopping.....

mpetrich

Hey drummin. I use BB on occasion.

Only had one hassle that was straightened out and my credit card was never charged over the problem. They were having a problem finding a title and I ended up finding on a shelf in the wrong category in one of their local stores after everyone I spoke with said it was not in their inventory. Go figure. They were nice about it although you need to stay on top of them.

Order problem E-mail : onlinestore@bestbuy.com

With your Order Number:

Order Date:

Credit Card Used:

Order status : http://www.BestBuy.com/Accounts/Signin.asp

I am kinda screwed... I did the Games Freedom Pass thing at Block buster... I lost one game and case, and the case for the other game. Both XBOX games. Now, I had them all the way to BlockBuster, I went, got gas, went back from the gas station and they were gone, except Halo was sitting on the floorboard... Sucks to that! How much is that gonna cost me?

I can't believe not one mention of deepdiscountdvd.com. They don't have everything but when they do 9 times out of 10 it's the cheapest of anyone. Not to mention they do not charge anything for shipping. It takes a week to get to you but man are they cheap. They will ship your order priority for a few xtra bucks. Their sister company deepdiscountcd.com also rocks.

About six months ago I ordered "The Cosmos Series" of Carl Segan fame from DVDPlanet. Their price was just killer over Amazon's, $130 from DVD planet compared to $170 from Amazon.

I waited the normal time for delivery but it never came. After about a week I called them to see what the hold up was (It sounds like I called the actual warehouse instead of a CSR). The man told me they have it (after doing a physical check) and said they have 4 copies and 7 outstanding orders. I ask "And?". He said my order would be filled. I reply "Great (I won the lottery!)". Four days go by and still no package. I call back and listen to "We just did inventory and we can't send anything till it's done." Being in retail for as long as I was I can kind of believe it. But the package did come a few days later and I can just look at all the money I saved over anyone else.Finally the monetary victory wins over the moral one.