kg 4.2 missing passive radiators

Awesome buy :D Had some KG4.2 and thought they were pretty good. Not "superior" speakers, but pretty decent. You should be able to find a pair of "passives" for about $50 on eBay. Or try PartsExpress.com. 

Cheers, Emile 

If you can’t find Klipsch ones then call parts express and they will be able to help you
A lot of the passive radiators they have are adjustable. They have a bolt in the rear of them to adjust the weight of it for the size of the cab and woofers
Great score either way

4 hours ago, mimalmo said:

Did you try calling Klipsch to see if they had the parts? 

Yeah, the guy was really helpful and said my best bet was to get in contact with somebody as simply speakers and see if there was something similar. there are 2 passives for this model on ebay right now, they are just asking too much IMO. 

i'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on this forum, but my options thus far are the ebay passives (still my favorite option since it keeps them original) for 40 per woofer. my only problem with paying that much each, one of them has a hole and it makes me question the quality. my other two options seem to be a dayton RSS265-PR (which is adjustable like another user recommended) or a dayton SD270-PR. 
I don't mind going the dayton route as long as sound quality is there. But the first dayton is $70 and the second is $25. Really would like to not spend much, but I want the sound to be right!

295-500_ALT_2.jpg

295-494_ALT_2.jpg

Edited by modestbrandt
formatting

Let me give you another thing to look for.  When I tried to use an aftermarket 12 inch passive in a KG-4, I found that Klipsch actually used a slightly undersize frame on the original passive radiator.  In other words, a 12 inch replacement was actually too large to fit into the recess cut into the speaker.

Bob Crites

You could listen to them in the mean time with a plate screwed over the hole for the passive.  Even 1/8" luan ply would work.  You will lose bass output below 50 to 60 Hz. 

A plate with a port in it would work just like the passive, if you could get some data from Klipsch, or better yet, a specified port size. 

31 minutes ago, JohnA said:

You could listen to them in the mean time with a plate screwed over the hole for the passive.  Even 1/8" luan ply would work.  You will lose bass output below 50 to 60 Hz. 

A plate with a port in it would work just like the passive, if you could get some data from Klipsch, or better yet, a specified port size. 

paper.jpg