RS-52ii used or new RS-62ii

Jason M

That's a good price for either choice. The 52's would work just fine but as you will soon discover, the upgrade bug is a powerful thing. :)

Might as well get the 62's now and don't look back. They are getting very hard to find new and IIRC, they were around 1200.00 when still in production.

Welcome and good luck. 

in the current market 400 is high for a used pair of 52s.  i am seeing 300 max 350 these days.

imo 52s,which i own, are plenty.  you wont notice much difference imo.

what u would perceive as the benefit -- larger drivers, more spl, are mostly cancelled out by the fact they are mounted onto walls.  the midbass is huge when on a wall and audyssey or any other correction system will pull it down to balance them out.    mine are pulled down big time, 62s would just be more eq imo.  if u dont run correction than the 62s will boom even harder imo, which could be good or bad depending upon preferences.  

• Moderators

I started with the RS52 and used them for a few years with the RF83 and RC64 and they worked great in my 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings. 

When I upgraded to 4 RS62 II, they did have a larger sound, but it wasn't night and day.   The RS52 would work fine in your space but as mentioned, you might have the upgrade bug or the "what if" down the road. 

Either solution will sound great.  One will just sound better.  Just depends on if you feel $250 would be worth it. 

klipsch-lascala-home-theater-build-4.jpg

5 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

in the current market 400 is high for a used pair of 52s.  i am seeing 300 max 350 these days.

imo 52s,which i own, are plenty.  you wont notice much difference imo.

what u would perceive as the benefit -- larger drivers, more spl, are mostly cancelled out by the fact they are mounted onto walls.  the midbass is huge when on a wall and audyssey or any other correction system will pull it down to balance them out.    mine are pulled down big time, 62s would just be more eq imo.  if u dont run correction than the 62s will boom even harder imo, which could be good or bad depending upon preferences.  

300-350 per pair? I have not been able to find anything used in the 52 s for that.

2 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Where is that? I only saw new ones on eBay but they were 395 each? 

Amazon had 2 new open box (IQ Home Ent, authorized dealer) at 329, includes the full 5 year warranty. No tax and free shipping. Plus used Amazon Rewards 5% cash back. Made 312.50 each. Already shipped and will be here Thursday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Youthman said:

I started with the RS52 and used them for a few years with the RF83 and RC64 and they worked great in my 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings. 

When I upgraded to 4 RS62 II, they did have a larger sound, but it wasn't night and day.   The RS52 would work fine in your space but as mentioned, you might have the upgrade bug or the "what if" down the road. 

Either solution will sound great.  One will just sound better.  Just depends on if you feel $250 would be worth it. 

klipsch-lascala-home-theater-build-4.jpg

Awesome set up... one day ill be there :)

Just waiting on the 82s to go on sale to complete the system. Fingers crossed frys does it again soon. I am going to buy  set regular price on the 2nd from them, and will have them already hoping for a Labor day sale to get price match within 30 days. If they don't run them then ill jus return them the 2nd (30 day returns)

Edited by Jason M