Rounding up all the truckers out there....

Mighty Favog

1 minute ago, Mighty Favog said:

The initial plan was to rent a trailor and pull it with a Toyota 4Runner (Class 3 hitch I think. It has a 7-pin light connection but no brake controller inside). I read on line that electric brakes aren't needed till the trailor's GVWR reaches 3,000 lbs. But my articulated trailor backing skills are nill to none. 😁 ......I know.....learn. But l'd rsther learn on a level surface first.

Gotcha, I was envisioning new and could not figure out how they could possibly just slow down and push it out as they drove by :biggrin:

On 8/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, Mighty Favog said:

In the next year or so I plan on buying a tool box for the house. Chances are (cause I wear a silly grin) it'll about 73-inches long, botton unit only and weigh between 600 and 900 lbs.

I also plan on buying a riding lawn mower. 42-46" with a 20hp motor. The driveway is about 120 ft. long at a 14-degree grade.

With the gear ratio unknown, with said lawn mower/tracker be able to pull this beast of a tool box up this hill to the garage?? I also plan on getting some sort of 4WD vehicle for the winters to get up this Olympic sized ski jump of a drive way....

https://www.dtvmotorcorp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIltuVkqOg3QIV1WoBCh3cggHHEAEYASAAEgLXRfD_BwE

On 8/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, Mighty Favog said:

In the next year or so I plan on buying a tool box for the house. Chances are (cause I wear a silly grin) it'll about 73-inches long, botton unit only and weigh between 600 and 900 lbs.

I also plan on buying a riding lawn mower. 42-46" with a 20hp motor. The driveway is about 120 ft. long at a 14-degree grade.

With the gear ratio unknown, with said lawn mower/tracker be able to pull this beast of a tool box up this hill to the garage?? I also plan on getting some sort of 4WD vehicle for the winters to get up this Olympic sized ski jump of a drive way....

https://www.dtvmotorcorp.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIltuVkqOg3QIV1WoBCh3cggHHEAEYASAAEgLXRfD_BwE

• Moderators

As suggested before, this is all you will need.

2000 lb towing, 1500 rear payload, you would need longer bed for the tool box, but the trailer attachments.

We use these at the hanger to move airplanes, at the ranch to finish mow, spread feed, spray.  It will handle a wide variety of jobs going up and down that driveway.

Travis

• Like 1