Psst, hey wood working guys...

Coytee

1 hour ago, mungkiman said:

I'd charge you more for something of lesser quality...

since Emile stepped into the shop, I think we could table saw an older console or dresser down to size, (using the top and sides) and a convenient bottle of glue off the shelf - for about a $30....  would forgo the rubber feet and heat screen....

For Coytee, 1/8" dowel's in place of screws, with epoxy inside a channel

• Haha 1

Here's a preliminary of what they will look like.  I'm waiting for the glue to dry on other box.  I just got done rough sanding this one.  Interesting how sanding changes the color a bit of the Ebony.  They say it will change back (darken).  (shrugs shoulders)

I DO like the look of the Zebra wood when I dampened it to wipe the glue off.

I told the wife I was thinking on filling in the front of the Jubilee's with this.  She just rolled her eyes.

Now I have to find something to do with the Birdseye Maple.

Z1.jpg

z2.jpg

• Like 1

on the first page & post I made, please scrap that idea lol, I tried to make a drawing for a hidden piano hinge, but realized after looking at my drawing, given the design of the lid.... wait a minute, one more question... if you want a lid that will not open, I'm back in business, but next we'll need to modify a hidden track, where the lid is pulled forward about an inch, then it'd lift open !!!  but somehow, through this design process, I can indicate that a ---> ahhh… "NO", is forthcoming... just posting an inoperable drawing, and then another idea, which would definitely separate your next box from the other's, for your consideration..... compliments of a google search...

DSC01879.JPG

mesquite box.jpg

55 minutes ago, windashine said:

on the first page & post I made, please scrap that idea lol, I tried to make a drawing for a hidden piano hinge, but realized after looking at my drawing, given the design of the lid.... wait a minute, one more question... if you want a lid that will not open, I'm back in business, but next we'll need to modify a hidden track, where the lid is pulled forward about an inch, then it'd lift open !!!  but somehow, through this design process, I can indicate that a ---> ahhh… "NO", is forthcoming... just posting an inoperable drawing, and then another idea, which would definitely separate your next box from the other's, for your consideration..... compliments of a google search...

DSC01879.JPG

mesquite box.jpg

Now that is really kool. Actually it's glorious and creative. (From a fellow woodworker--check my avatar)

JJK

it seems that a sunday morning search and read mission is slightly offset for a conclusion at this juncture... so I was thinking that a couple of felt lined wooden rest blocks over your hinges, on top, would facilitate an angled resting point... but, you know, anything with wood, is possible... if you have 5 minutes and a cup of coffee

On 10/12/2018 at 10:05 PM, mungkiman said:

I'd charge you more for something of lesser quality...

OK; bought a case off FleaBay :(  by "eternal-audio" (or PatheWings). Seems they make the nicest cases ... coming from Berlin, Germany :D 

• Like 1