A Star is Born

Marvel

Went to see the new one right after it was released. I really liked the way it was done, all the music was filmed and recorded live. No everdubs or lip syncing. I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, but would happily lsten to her perform the style of music portrayed her.

We were in a smallish theater with Klipsch gear. Very clean audio...

I wouln't have though of going if I hadn't caught one of the trailers for it, but liked it a bunch.

Bruce

• Like 2

Gaga Used to be a jazz singer getting nowhere and her agent told her to switch to rock which she did. One reason Tony Bennett did a special with her was because of her jazz background.
JJK
[/quote Whatever Gaga does, it’s not rock. I loved the movie and the music right up to the silly girl band choreographed pop stuff, which she does and the crap the record companies force on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Marvel said:

Went to see the new one right after it was released. I really liked the way it was done, all the music was filmed and recorded live. No everdubs or lip syncing. I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, but would happily lsten to her perform the style of music portrayed her.

We were in a smallish theater with Klipsch gear. Very clean audio...

I wouln't have though of going if I hadn't caught one of the trailers for it, but liked it a bunch.

Bruce

I got drug, but really liked it.

Willie Nelson's son, and his band Promise of the Real (Neil Young)  did an incredible job.  Right from the first song you sort of get hooked into this character. 

Sam Elliot did a great job as well, and I was stunned by Andy Clay.

I only stumbled onto the music through an interview with Jason Isbell, who wrote one of the songs. He ranks as one of my current favorite artists and songwriters. I thought all of the music, except for her journey into pop stuff with the dancing, was really well done, and having them do complete performances had a positive impact on the film. Having Nelson's band and Cooper and L.G. actually doing the performances really made it work.

Bruce