KPT-684's ... WTB or ???

Emile

Haha ... think I need some KPT-684's.  :D  

Have a set of KPT-904's with the 510 horns ( w/B&C DE75 drivers).  Awesome, so got another set of 510/H-691's ... Hooked them up in my small stereo room, using a set of Forte I's as "bass bins."  But :( these Forte's really do not "cut it."  Pretty anemic when combined with 2" horns.  (Using a miniDSP to set frequencies.)  So; pretty sure KPT-684's will be the "best" to compliment my 510 horns.  Any other thoughts?

So; have been looking for 684's ... hard to find.   :(  Plus it seems prices range form $200 to $3000 :(  ... @MetropolisLakeOutfitters??  Just do not want to spend too much as these are in a separate room which I "listen in" less than once a month :) 

OK; one more complication ... WAF factor :D  Saw these might be available in a "wood version."  Certainly would be better WAF wise ... plus some walnut veneer. :D  

Thanks, Emile

wvjkua05czarzz12yewx.jpg

… o O ( spec's show to be 48" tall with a minimum 1200 watt amp to be used ) …. . 

… o O ( the idea about a small room would only relate to the size of your casket if the WAF is factored in ) …  . 

… o O ( calculation's of the spec width of almost 24" indicate a placement on it's side to be more favorable ) ….

• Like 1

Darn :(    @Woofers and Tweeters offered me a pair ... Thank you SIR, but these speakers are bigger than one might think ... 30.5 inches deep.  :( not enough clearance for the folding murphy bed in this room :( 

Back to the drawing board :(  Haha ... anything like a "shallow" 684 out there? Looks like an 884 might work, but specs say 27-240HZ ... doesn't make sense as the 684 went up to 800Hz ???

Add-on ... just found curves from Roy Delgado ... 684: https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=28964 and 884:  https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=28965 

Darn again ... the 884's are about 36 inches wide ... :( too "wide."

• 3 weeks later...