Bose idea:

kenratboy

OK, we need to steal (not buy, that would be evil 11.gif ) some Bose Acoustamass system and make a new demo CD. It would be a CD to show how bad the system is. You know, songs that would show the total lack of dynamics and frequency responce in the system. Any ideas of songs to upset Bose?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

uhh, I happen to like bose a lot, but if you use there piss poor sound systems they sound like crap. The other thing that makes bose sound good is when they are hooked up to an Onkyo or Integra product. All Bose sound systems are designed to use Onkyo and Inegra and the only way to reach the full dynamic peaks is to use the onkyo or integra products.

I have a $400.00 Bose Wave Radio. Do you think we can use it? It should have the same high Quality sound as all the rest Blose, I mean Bose!

I have come along way since then:

Denon 3300

KLF 30's

KLF C-7

KLF 10's

KSF S-5's

Paradigm PW 2200 (replaced my Velodyne HGS 12)

Denon DCM 370

Sony DVP S-530

Mitsubishi 55" widescreen (coming next month or so)

"All Bose sound systems are designed to use Onkyo and Inegra and the only way

to reach the full dynamic peaks is to use the onkyo or integra products."

What a load of crap. All bose systems are designed for morons who dont have an ear for good sound still if played by an onkyo or a Sony assembly line piece of crap. LOL

Who is this Dick Hollyday anyway??? Another punk kid like Cattle prod trying to run up his post Count? What a degradation to the reading on this broad since these young do nothing punks came on here screwing around.

One thing I have never understood is this "Anti-something" attitude people have. Just because you feel that the product(s) you use are superior to another, why is it necessary to dwell on it? I personally don't like the sound of Bose speakers, but does that make them inferior? The quality, and worth of a product are based on personal preference. I know people who have listened to "high-end" systems, and their Bose system extensively, and they are happy with their Bose systems. Is that a crime? Nope, they just prefer one type of sound over another.

Why not keep the emphasis on the stuff you LIKE and not keep bringing up the topic of stuff you hate?

Hold it HOLD IT!

B0$e is an insult to audio and music,a soprano sounds like a belching cow and Bin Laden like a god!

Did you notice B0$e midrange and upper bass is so colored CNN reporters sound like WWE wrestlers barking!Its irritating and frustrating

B0$e is a legal White Van Co. of the speaker world.They claim technical know how where there is none

they pay mags under the table(read BRIBE them)into giving them good or at the very least non DAMAGING "reviews".

Anyone who says B0$e is quality is A.sarcastic or B.ignorant make your choice folks. 6.gif

I ask ANYONE to tell me where is the quality? Where is the claimed high tech...I'll tell you where...in the adds.They pump out so many adds with false claims(read lies)it finally sinks thru the thick skull of many...RESULT? They end up with plastic resonating Direct Resonating cubes and a gorgeous(sarcasm)band pass one notey boom box called a...SUBWOOFER.It cannot even reach down to 30Hz with realsitic output and its called...a what?

But lets not point only B0$e,they are not alone in the ripoff business.A few brands also deserve public humiliation and unmasking.

OK. (not you EAR, the post above you), I am NOT talking about the people that use Bose, I am talking about the company, which I feel is garbage. I have stated no less than 10 times on this forum that I respect and admire Bose as a company, but lothe their products and how they treat their customers and dealers.

"One thing I have never understood is this "Anti-something" attitude people have."

Hey, I got to hate something, don't I? I mean, if we don't have somthing to NOT like, how can we love something? 9.gif . With cars, I love Audi, but hate some other companies (I won't mention them, as I don't want to start on THAT...)

i have to agree! morons!!!!!! when i go auditioning i see the ladies, or older folks, or foggy eyed kids, and all they ever say is all that sound out such a tiny little cube? not a single word is ever said about tone, or bass, or anything having to do with any kind of quality, every once and a while i will turn up a real set of speaker, and completly drown out the bose (which is easy to do) and i see a disturbed look come over thier face, it is as if to say, please my child is handicapped, and he needs all the help he can get. please dont tease him, poor diluded souls2.gif

and please dont diminish onkyo, or any other quality reciever with the bose name, my son has an onkyo 797 reciever, one of thier best efforts (or maybe we should go to the bottom of the barrel to power those bose?) and as front channels he has a set of 301's, the rest of his system is polk, and the bose sound like hell! it is like peewee herman showing up in a luke skywalker costume to take on the evil empire, you know the imposter the minute he talks. wow, funny how easily, and completly the consumer can be fooled into throwing away thier money. bose you are genious, not in product, but in marketing2.gif

It's funny, you listen to the Bose music, and it all has tons of mid-bass and tons of upper-midrange. So, they are squeezing the upper bass (lots of noise) out of the bass module and the loudest frequency out of the cubes. Ingenious... No snappy rim shots (2" cone) and no bass (5.25" "woofers") For those of us who like on the Wast Coast, have you seen the Bose demo at Fry's? They seriously use Krell in one of the stores, and have so many EQ's and other pro audio stuff there, it fill up a FULL rack (each cube is EQ's to put out the last bit it can.) I kid you not. Oh, you know they use a 18" subwoofer to "simulate" what the bass module "should" should like in a normal room. In other words, you are hearing everything BUT the system. They distract you with a 9" CRT projector to blow your eyeballs away with a awsome picture. That is fraud in my book. How else can you look at it.

I think that just about any of the tracks off of The Blue Man Group cd "Audio" would propably kill a bose sytem.

Track 6 entitled "Tension 2" had my friends Promedia 4.1 subwoofer feeling somewhat overworked, so I can only imagine what it would do to bose' excuse for a subwoofer.

Tracks 1 and 12 off of Victor Wooten's incredible solo electric bass album "A Show of Hands" ought to work fairly well to expose the weakness of the bose sub and "jewel" cubes.

Track 12 is 4 and a half minutes of "classical" electric bass, slapped, plucked, fretted and strummed. This CD requires a speaker system that can accurately reproduce tight deep low bass frequencies, vibrant clear mids and open smooth highs.

When a bass is "slapped" a few things happen: on the initial impact of the thumb or fingers hitting a string there is a very low sound created much like that of a kick drum, at the same time as the string hits the frets a fairly high crisp sound is made, then as the note is held and the string resonates you hear the actual fretted note.

Most of what I've described the bose acoustimass "module" and "jewel" cubes seem to have a little bit of trouble with.

I looked on the bose website and I can't find frequency response charts for a single one of their products. I've emailed them to see if they have any answers.11.gif

But I digress(gets off of soapbox)

Peace, Josh

For anyone wanting to expose the world famous patented Acoustic Me$$ "sub" module I dare them to use track 4(The Vikings)on the Pomp & Pipes.At about 17 seconds into the track the Acoustic Me$$ papier mache woofers will start to spit glue and paper.

Also dont try to feel the power and glory of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

Long live the Acoustic Me$$

1812 Overture...that's by far my most fave song. it's so easy to trash lower quality stuff with it. So far i've blown my old pc speakers, my car speakers, and a set of headphones with that song 10.gif i'd hate to pay for the damage done to a bose system 2.gif

I like all the Bose speakers, especially the Acoustimass system. However, my wife won't let me put little cubes anywhere. She insists on 100lb floorstanders, and subs the size of water heaters. Go figure.

My little girl has a Sesame Street CD loaded with those cute little songs. I don't think those transistor radio size, paper cone drivers could even handle that without breaking up.

Pathetic products.

Dude, you really think Bose is going to mail you the specs? ROTFLMAO!!!

OK, there is a ~100dB. "hole" in the frequency, so the specs will be either:

XXX Hz. - XX KHz. +/-150dB.

OR

XXX Hz. - XXX Hz. and XXX Hz. - XXK Hz. +/-XXdB.

Basically, the most you will ever get from Bose (except for POSSIBLY the _01's) is driver size, power handling, etc.

All I can say is "Better Sound Through Marketing"

But, if you do get a (canned) responce, I would LOVE to see it!

EAR - I'm sure there is SOOOO much electronic protection (I guess a 50 Hz. high pass filter and some sort of limiters) you couldn't have the joy of frying the thing! But, take the sub, rip out the electronics, and hook it up to an ATI or Krell and let it R.I.P.

Wouldn't it be cool if one of the audio magizines did a review of the system...

FWIW, Bose will not publish any specs on their system (perhaps they've never tested them?). I called them a few years back (don't make me say why) and they said that information was not available. They just wanted people to go on how they sound (which, actually makes a lot of sense, but only if people know how/what to listen for). The only tech info I've seen on them was from independent sources that ran their own tests.

DD

Here's that canned response,

HAHAAHAAAHAAAHAA,

This is what i got back from Bo$e:

"Dear Mr. Brown,

Thank you for your inquiry. Bose does not publish these specifications. The

reason for this is that we believe that such statistics do not add very much

to an understanding of an audio product's acoustic characteristics and, even

worse, can be misleading. Audio manufacturers make these measurements

independent of industry standards, and in varying conditions. Additionally,

a single statistic is not a reliable measurement of a product's performance.

One could, for instance, find a very expensive system with exactly the same

specifications as a much less expensive system. On paper, the two would

appear identical. The difference in performance, however, would be

significant. A better approach, we feel, is to listen to the product. We

strongly urge you to make your own comparisons. Bose systems will surpass

your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation."

"The difference in performance, however would, be significant."

It certainly is significant, the $2800.00 Bo$e system I played with and mocked at bestbuy last night had a midrange response best described as more grainy than a walk on the beach.

The bass was this monotone bump bump not unlike that of someone driving by in a honda civic with a couple of 12"s in the trunk.

I know my system is not anywhere near an audiophile reference system, but at least I have a smooth midrange and fairly well defined clean bass.

Did I mention that I didn't pay anywhere near $2800.00 for my stereo. 9.gif

Oh well as they say "Better sound through marketing"

btw, play any clean Miles Davis recording through some bose and you can hear that trademark bose sound clear as day.11.gif

Whew(gets off of soapbox),

Peace, Josh

Bose is what it is. It,s overpriced junk; that's ok. The sad thing is that it's sucksess reflects a too pliable American public that will not take the time to become truly informed and savy consumers; it's much easier to be sold on something than to decide on something. We deserve the government we get as well as the Blose speakers we get. Let's all shop at Walmart and fill our homes and lives with junk. God Bless America. Ha.16.gif