$4000 for Belle's??

whell

I got the serials from the seller: 8651273 & 4. What year would that be?

Assuming no one buys them at that price what are the upper limits on a nice pair of Oiled Walnut Belles...$1500 or do they get up to $2000 which is KHorn territory.

I've seem some used ones with a couple of small flaws sell on ebay in $1100-$1300 range if I remember correctly.

THere was a pair listed as "never used--mint" and I don't think they went for more than $2k.

LaScalas seem to be the better value...similar sound but more numerous and selling at lower prices.

Instead of putting Heresys as surrounds for my Cornwalls maybe I could move the Corns to surrounds and put LaScala/Belles up front with an SVS sub.

I wanted the nice pair of Heresys on ebay this week but they are currently at $660! which was higher than the original BUY IT NOW price of $650.

I'm currently using my old Boston Acoustic A60's as surrounds...ok for cricket sounds on movies but not for 5.1 music.

Ebay Ad
:
Pair of Floor Standing Belle Klipsch speakers, walnut,in very good condition. Walnut cabinets. Marvelously beautiful sound. Two speakers - see photograph.

I have to say that some Klipsch users are not exactly loaded with writing skill nor tremendous powers of observation. This is a frightening ad, especially considering the asking price, something that would seem to denote a bit more effort within ye olde description, not to mention the graphic department, where right click and paste seems to be the order of the day.

I only hope two things: 1. The speakers are better than his ad 2. He is NOT on this forum.

heh...

kh

An enlightened entrepreneur might put that up there starting at $1 with a reserve at $10K, just to see where it ended, and start a new auction from there.

I got a pretty clean Belle for $650 ... Helluva center channel between two old Cornwall II's (1967) ... Come to think of it, I'll sell those (plus the Heresies) for ONLY ...

$15,000.

Not.

They're going to my kids.

I wish there was a smilie with a face laughing and a finger pointed upward. That response from Al made me laugh.

Anyhow...yeah I saw these the day they went up and emailed the seller politely asking him/her who their crack dealer was and if they could set me up with them. I just told the person that if they wanted to even see one bid on the speakers to start them at $1k and set the reserve at $4k. I told the person that there was NO WAY they would ever see the light above $1,800. Guess they didn't care to listen to me.