The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
DizRotus

College Basketball 2019-2020

I expected my Spartans to be highly ranked to start the season, but please not first.

Preseason AP Top 25*

1. Michigan State (60)
2. Kentucky (2)
3. Kansas (3)
4. Duke
5. Louisville
6. Florida
7. Maryland
8. Gonzaga
9. North Carolina
10. Villanova
11. Virginia
12. Seton Hall
13. Texas Tech
14. Memphis
15. Oregon
16. Baylor
17. Utah State
18. Ohio State
19. Xavier
20. Saint Mary's (California)
21. Arizona
22. LSU
23. Purdue
24. Auburn
25. VCU

Rankings in college basketball are all but useless, due to the NCAA Tournament.  Preseason rankings are especially pointless.  Now the Spartans have nowhere to go but down, which they will after their first loss.  IMO, being undefeated going into the Tournament is not necessarily a good thing.

• Like 1

Tonight #3 Kansas vs #4 Duke at 7pm EST, followed by #1 MSU vs #2 Kentucky, both games at MSG.  

Or, also at 7pm, you could watch Michigan vs Appalachian State.  It should go better for Michigan this time.

• Like 1

Now THAT sounds like a plan Neil.  Sparty is gonna be ballin this year so we'll see what shakes.  All I know is OSU has one tough schedule right outta the box.  

Oh no, Vitale!  If my wife weren’t watching also, I’d turn the sound off and listen to music while watching the game.

• Like 1

Now, now Neil...  Dick is great w/the fans and KNOWS hoops.  He's one hyper kinda guy both doing color and anything else he does.  He never stops but yea, I get where you're comng from.  Hahaha.  I especially enjoyed all the ESECPN football hype prior to the game.  They THINK the Buckeyes are listening to all of that crap they're spewing.  Game at a time then we have to get out of Indy.  They''re ALL tough from here on out.  Iz just might have to go a lil spazoid before this one is over!  :)

Well.  That #1 ranking is gone and good riddance.  The only time to be #1 is at the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to #16 Buckeyes for defeating #10 Villanova yesterday.  I hope the B1G’s luck continues as #3 MSU takes on #12 Seton Hall tonight  in South Orange, NJ.

• Thanks 1

OSU is jumping right into the middle of it all.  They have a bunch of big games coming up.  I full-well expect Holtman will have them ready.  Early now but we'll see what shakes.  Hope Izz has them ready for tonight!  

Ya got outta that game somehow Neil.  A win is a win though!  Glad to see it!

• Like 1

A win on the road against a top ranked team is always a good win.

Good college friends invited us to join them 12/29/19 at Breslin Center for the Maryland game.  That should be a good game.

• Like 1

#1 Duke goes down to SF Austin, 🤔
They haven't lost at home with a non conference team since 2000, 150 games. Wow!

• Like 1

It's always refreshing when a small school upsets a major powerhouse.

• Like 1

Could Michigan go from unranked to #1 in the country?

It's never been done, but dang, they had a big weekend impressively knocking off #6 North Carolina and #8 Gonzaga.  They will meet possible #1 Louisville Tuesday @7p on ESPN.  Should be a good one.

• Like 2

Michigan did jump into #4 and are playing #1 Louisville.  Michigan looks like they aren't going to win this one down 13 in the second half with poor shooting but they did get the attention of the national audience.  Good for them.

TTUN drops one, Sparty drops one yet the Buckeyes beat NC by 25 @ NC?  Full moon?