March Sadness 2020

DizRotus

Buckeyes have to get thru Illinois Thursday night at home first.  Then that road trip up north to catch Sparty?  Going to be an interesting week for OSU.  They'll be up and ready but who knows what team will show up. Next year's crop is supposed to light it up so we'll see what happens.  They'll be on a mission next Sunday that's for sure.

• Like 1

Yuuuuuup, another story with a different outcome than you expect...  GO BUCKS!  HA! 

Great seeing the 1960 Natty Champs on the floor.  Bobby Knight had his hands in his pockets and kept staring at the floor.  When the crowd went up for him he kinda waved and smiled.  At the pre-game presser w/a few members of the team they did point out that Knight only came back because the rest of his team wanted him there.  Also mentioned the Uni had nothing to do w/him coming back or he wouldn't have come back.

Watched Lucas, and those guys every game I could back then.  If it wasn't on TV I was in my bedroom listening on my radio.  Made shoveling the snow off the drive and bouncin a cold ball a bit easier.

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

So much for rooting for the Wolverines.  Terps prevailed.

Sorry about that. We were going to watch in person but a Friday house project turned into Friday to Sunday.... and beyond.

Looks like I didn't miss much.☹️

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rplace said:

Sorry about that. We were going to watch in person but a Friday house project turned into Friday to Sunday.... and beyond.

Looks like I didn't miss much.☹️

Your absence probably made the difference.  I know how those home  projects get out of control.  We started a basement cleaning project over the weekend but got stymied trying to figure out which of our sons’ (30 and 37) stuffed animals could be donated. 

Don’t feel too bad.  Sparty was going to share the title with Wisconsin in any event.  The Terps earned a share, too bad it was at Michigan’s expense.  As you say, you didn’t miss much of a game from the Wolverine perspective.

• Like 1

It’s officially March Sadness

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-cancels-remaining-winter-and-spring-championships

I feel especially sorry for the young athletes denied the opportunity to participate in one of the great sporting events.  This season will forever have an asterisk.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

It’s officially March Sadness

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-cancels-remaining-winter-and-spring-championships

I feel especially if sorry for the young athletes denied the opportunity to participate in one of the great sporting events.  This season will forever have an asterisk.

Maybe even as bad as the tuck rule asterisk...