Determining Value

Foxman

Wanting to sell and post locally but not sure how to price so I’m not to sitting on or to low that I’m losing. Wanting to upgrade the system is only reason for selling. All are in great condition and sound quality. TIA

RF35 cherry cabinet 

RC35 black cabinet

RS35 black cabinet

R120SW black cabinet

• 1 year later...

I can't find my old post here from several months ago now when I first asked about this, please point me to the right person again? I have a pair of the 5 foot Klipschorn speakers built in about 41/42 (maybe 43/44?) by Paul Klipsch and my grandfather (they were friends) that I'm looking to sell as part of my dad's estate. I'm interested in getting an appraisal in person for them if anyone can help point me in the right direction. I'm in Oklahoma. They are gorgeous, in excellent working condition, see photo below of one of them. They come with the matching center entertainment center they made at the same time. Just need more info on how to get an appraisal, how to sell etc. idk how to reach the right people and don't wanna put my email here, but if you can help please let me know how to reach you. Here is ONE photo, you can see it behind my mother. I don't want full photos of them public until I know what we have. Any info greatly appreciated. Can email more and better photos. Thanks! -Debbie

FB_IMG_1528577129337.jpg

Debbie  ,  the speakers behind Mrs  Belle klipsch ,are the klipschorns   , here is  the 1st klipschorn prototype  , a 2 way speaker , meaning there is a horn at the top for the high frequency + a driver  and a woofer for the low frequency   in the lower bass bin ,  which is the lower section  of the cabinet , 

you'll want to be careful here , you can see the model of the driver for the high frequency by moving the speaker, but for the woofer  in the bass bin , the access is via  a wooden door on the right side , the access panel may be harder to remove , since the gaskets may have turned to glue after so many years 

I would recommend that you contact   Mr Jim Hunter ,jim@klipschmuseum.org  (The klipsch Museum Curator  ) @JRH   He and@Chief bonehead  worked with PWK

image.jpeg.9c753c0ab048e374606d828e10f37975.jpeg

13 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Debbie  ,  the speakers behind Mrs  Belle klipsch ,are the klipschorns   , here is  the 1st klipschorn prototype  , a 2 way speaker , meaning there is a horn at the top for the high frequency + a driver  and a woofer for the low frequency   in the lower bass bin ,  which is the lower section  of the cabinet , 

you'll want to be careful here , you can see the model of the driver for the high frequency by moving the speaker, but for the woofer  in the bass bin , the access is via  a wooden door on the right side , the access panel may be harder to remove , since the gaskets may have turned to glue after so many years 

I would recommend that you contact   Mr Jim Hunter ,jim@klipschmuseum.org  (The klipsch Museum Curator  ) @JRH   He and @Chief bonehead  worked with PWK

(Foto: Producent)

Hello!  Yes, this is what the side panel looks like. I'll need help getting into it so I don't hurt anything.  The set here looks like the pic above, with the top and decorative trim / frame added, can you see that in the photos I posted, or should I go try to open it and get more? 

Tx  , Debbie  ,  the cabinets were very well built ,  the backbone is very solid 

the midrange driver was removed ,  the  midrange horn is aluminium alloy  from what looks to be a Klipsch K-400  which started production  in 1963-1964 ,  the 2 tweeters on top of the speakers are the Electro-Voice T350  which can be dated to the 1960's  , for the moment , we are looking at  60's speakers unless the cabinets were made 20 years earlier   but the  drivers and horns were later updated during the 60's   

image.jpeg.75ab87fa6c32e33518f2f70f79188603.jpeg     image.jpeg.a2d95b8c8516f076246496f5c5515596.jpeg

-the woofer can tell us more in due course , in any case ,   PWK 's drawings are dated  which can  approximate the real  age of the cabinets 

31 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Tx  , Debbie  ,  the cabinets were very well built ,  the backbone is very solid 

the midrange driver was removed ,  the  midrange horn is aluminium alloy  from what looks to be a Klipsch K-400  which started production  in 1963-1964 ,  the 2 tweeters on top of the speakers are the Electro-Voice T350  which can be dated to the 1960's  , for the moment , we are looking at  60's speakers unless the cabinets were made 20 years earlier   but the  drivers and horns were later updated during the 60's   .

image.jpeg.75ab87fa6c32e33518f2f70f79188603.jpeg     image.jpeg.a2d95b8c8516f076246496f5c5515596.jpeg

-the woofer can tell us more in due course , in any case ,   PWK 's drawings are dated ,  the date on the drawings can  approximate the age of the cabinets 

Hello. Dad may have replaced the top tweeters at some point just because he was into electronics & music and wanted the best sound, but by midrange horn do you mean the black horn pic you attached? That by the photos you can tell is 60's?  You think I should open one up and get pics of what's inside?   How would I get an estimate or appraisal? I'm needing to sell them unfortunately, as part of my dad's estate.