Isoacoustics GAIA on Cornwall or Heresy?

McBlueMeter

I can't comment on them used on Heresy/Cornwall but I have a VPI TNT turntable that has had several incarnations of isolation. I used the smallest GAIA to great success as the replacements for the springs/balls/air bladders. They are hidden away in the corners of the stock towers and the table never sounded better.

Anybody that has done any measurements knows the little bit of height those things add alone add will change the outcome of frequency response more than anything else, the rest is just babble such as reduces internal reflections, give me a break.

If the cabinet vibrates its a cabinet issue, if the floor vibrates its the sound waves from the speaker itself causing this. if the surface is uneven see my first post or just add some carpet or similar material underneath, save some headache and money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 3:00 PM, jason str said:

Anybody that has done any measurements knows the little bit of height those things add alone add will change the outcome of frequency response more than anything else, the rest is just babble such as reduces internal reflections, give me a break.

If the cabinet vibrates its a cabinet issue, if the floor vibrates its the sound waves from the speaker itself causing this. if the surface is uneven see my first post or just add some carpet or similar material underneath, save some headache and money.

Hmmm... have you tried them or listened to speakers with and without to even have a valid opinion? Sorry....but 110% disagree with you. Normally I don’t believe in “tweaks” like these. I’ve heard Focal Sopra 3’s with and without. Definitely an improvement. Also have them on my McIntosh XR100’s and they work fantastic.

I didn’t post here to validate the Iso GAIA product. To each his own my friend.
So, back to my original question..

Has anyone installed GAIA’s on a Heresy or Cornwall? What is the easiest way?

Thx much