VRD Biasing

rplace

7 minutes ago, Deang said:

Because back then there wasn't a tube audio section.

Why not PM or email Craig?

Did you even read my other post; I did email him a few days ago. I'm impatient ;) my rectifier tubes showed up today. And figured if the answer ended up here it might help others in the future and save Craig from more emails from other novices like me that don't even understand the reason behind biasing beyond "because you are supposed to".

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

lol. Nope, just read the last post in the thread.

Ha, I do that all the time. I probably should have just dragged my actual questions to this post and not bothered to have the old one brought back to life....but it has a lot of relevant info. I wonder if the mods can somehow move that entire post here. What say you @dtel @CECAA850 ?

12 minutes ago, rplace said:

Ha, I do that all the time. I probably should have just dragged my actual questions to this post and not bothered to have the old one brought back to life....but it has a lot of relevant info. I wonder if the mods can somehow move that entire post here. What say you @dtel @CECAA850 ?

Done

The bottom line is that there are different versions of VRD amps and they each have there own bias spec.  I have had 3 different sets of VRDs.  Two were the same (older pc board based), and a newer version (Pt. to Pt.) which had different bias spec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1