Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rivernuggets

La Scalas $1600 Milwaukee

Recommended Posts

I like the way they look but trim needs paint removed. They have the makings of another beautiful pair of LSI's.

If I were closer, I would take a good look.

 

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Down to 1500

Even after Refreshing the page they're still at $1600. Where do you see the lesser price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Even after Refreshing the page they're still at $1600. Where do you see the lesser price?

FB Marketplace

 

Mark

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSI's in Good condition average $932 according to my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

LSI's in Good condition average $932 according to my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.

 

23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

LSI's in Good condition average $932 according to my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.

Dave,

Is that for the splits or LSIs in general? Don't splits generally run higher on average?

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:
On 12/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, wvu80 said:

LSI's in Good condition average $932 according to my Heritage Prices spreadsheet.

Dave,

Is that for the splits or LSIs in general? Don't splits generally run higher on average? - Mark

 

I don't track that detail for the sake of LSI average.  I went through the 12 samples I had and most of them were splits, some not specified.  In general I would say the $932 is a pretty good average although condition brings that average down.  One caveat is most of the samples are not in Good condition, usually Average/poor.

 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-12.xlsx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, Rivernuggets said:

Wow I trust your numbers but that's cheaper than I would have guessed.

I don't have that many LSI samples so validity as you suggest, is suspect.

 

In general I think of LSI as being worth about $1000, regular La Scala in Good condition around $1250.  My opinion, not the data.

 

What is your opinion on LSI value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the subs in the picture are included, then $1600 might not be bad.  But overall too much.  I sold a pair of walnut LaScalas about 3 years ago that were in very nice shape and the best I could get for them was $1200.  Quite a shame if you ask me considering they are over $8000 new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't have that many LSI samples so validity as you suggest, is suspect.

 

In general I think of LSI as being worth about $1000, regular La Scala in Good condition around $1250.  My opinion, not the data.

 

What is your opinion on LSI value?

Throwing doubt or suspicion on your info was not my intention. Your numbers speak for themselves and are good for pricing. 

My opinion wasn't based on anything solid. I thought LSI value was similar to regular La Scalas until this thread. You don't know until you know, you know?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Throwing doubt or suspicion on your info was not my intention. Your numbers speak for themselves and are good for pricing. 

My opinion wasn't based on anything solid. I thought LSI value was similar to regular La Scalas until this thread. You don't know until you know, you know?  

Opinion: LSI splits are worth a premium with the largest bump depending on the condition of the metal trim. Not all have it and not all are in good shape.

As Dave stated, insufficient data often results in less than perfect info, but he is putting in the time to track and I appreciate it. More samples will (in my opinion) bump that number up slightly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pat_in_dfw said:

If the subs in the picture are included, then $1600 might not be bad.  But overall too much.  I sold a pair of walnut LaScalas about 3 years ago that were in very nice shape and the best I could get for them was $1200.  Quite a shame if you ask me considering they are over $8000 new.

Please read the description, the subs are not included in the now $1500

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Throwing doubt or suspicion on your info was not my intention.

 

Your numbers speak for themselves and are good for pricing. 

My opinion wasn't based on anything solid. I thought LSI value was similar to regular La Scalas until this thread. You don't know until you know, you know?  

Oh, I know that.  There is always going to be opinions vs data, and I am as just as critical of the numbers as anyone.  I think sometimes it requires some more detailed analysis.  My opinion doesn't always agree with the numbers either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I sold a pair of walnut LaScalas about 3 years ago that were in very nice shape and the best I could get for them was $1200. 

That's still fair market value, a price fair to both Buyer and Seller.  I would consider that $1200 selling price low for Texas where Klipsch seem to sell at a premium vs the averages I tend to see.

 

For instance, if my spreadsheet  shows an average for a given speaker at $1000, the Seller typically wants $1100, the Buyer wants them for $900.  The middle range is usually fair market value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

That's still fair market value, a price fair to both Buyer and Seller.  I would consider that $1200 selling price low for Texas where Klipsch seem to sell at a premium vs the averages I tend to see.

 

For instance, if my spreadsheet  shows an average for a given speaker at $1000, the Seller typically wants $1100, the Buyer wants them for $900.  The middle range is usually fair market value.

 

I paid a bit more than your average price this past year. But after looking for 2 years, I found a pair about an hours drive from my house. 

They are not perfect, but the trim is all that needs work, and they sound great.

The pair offered here are a bit overpriced, but they are fiberglass coated and if the trim is in good shape under the paint, I would not be afraid to pay $1200 for them. But I would not drive from Atlanta to Chicago to get them.

 

Jerry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Says that the posting has been deleted by the author, so I'm assuming that they are gone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...