What are some good classical songs to hear on Klipsch 's???

elgrillo

By classical it could be music from the romantic, baroque etc. periods. Now that I have these speaks, one of my favorite things to do is to turn off all the lights in my room, lay on my bed and just enjoy the enveloping nature of these speakers. So give me some suggestions please.

To relax and dust the woofers out, I like the Telarc's recording of the "1812 Overture" (Tchaikovsky) interpreted by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and, "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (R. Strauss)by Cincinatti Pops. To relax and dust the squaker and tweeter, I like Telarc's "Banditen Galop" (J. Strauss). Getting out of the classics, I can also relax to Manheim Steamroller's Fresh Air collection processed through my Carver C-1 sonic hologram.

You know the difference between classical, baroque, romantic, etc. and you are asking us? Surely you have a good idea of what you will want to listen to. Here are a few suggestions, anyway...

Either of Vivaldi's Glorias.

Beethoven's 6th Symphony and the chorale at the end of Bethoven's 9th Symphony.

Prokofiev's Alexandre Nevski as recorded by the U.S.S.R National Orchestra.

The Telarc recording of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture is impressive, of course. But few if any of us have a system that will do full justice to it.

you must give this a listen! this is my old high school band and i playing Alfred Reed's The Hounds of Spring. The trumpet solos are me! :)

http://www.soundwise.org/klipschubb/bellvillehigh-houndsofspring.mp3

I love Mozart, Tchaijoski (i REALLy cannot spell his name), Beetoven (another...)... I have a list somewhere, there is just so much out there in the classical music genre, since it is the oldest I am sure.

Personally, I love.....

"The Phantom Of The Opera" - Released: 02/06/2001 by Decca --- It has the absouletly THE quietest background of any CD in my collection...

Dvorák: Symphonies #7,8&9 Conductor: Carlo Maria Giulini - EMI Classics #CDFB68628

Orff: Carmina Burana - Absoutly fantastic piece....I highly recomend it!

I have found that the looking for good recordings has been greatly speedup after I bought "Gramophone Classical Good CD Guide 2002" (approx $25) They have some excelent suggestions on recordings IF you know who/what you want. Its much easier to use then "The Penguin Guide to Compact Discs" and is not completely slanted to british preformances. But they do recommend alot of their own CDs...The only problem with some of their suggestions is that with Klipsch speakers a preformance might be phenominal but if its poorly recorded it can be UNLISTENABLE on our systems....case in point THE worst cd I have is Mendelssohn: Symphony #3 Conductor: Maag - London/Decca #2LH 443-578. I think when they recorded it, they had a bad mic, because certain spots you can here a "blaaaa" as of the diaphram of the mike was just flapping in the breeze. I can't listen to it cuz it drives me up the wall.....

-dbl

You know the difference between classical, baroque, romantic, etc. and you are asking us? Surely you have a good idea of what you will want to listen to. Here are a few suggestions, anyway...

Hmm Malcom, I sense a bit of sarcasm in that quote. I wasn't trying to come off as snobby, its just that some people when asked for classical music give just that. They will give you music from that period. I figured the people who truly know "classical" music might act this way. I meant no harm. Anyways. Thanks for your suggestions. I have been silly listening to them.

Way to go Justin. Your a hell of a eh... Blower.

I would like to get the following classical music, but have no idea what performances, recordings/labels are good. Any advise on what recordings to get is greatly appreciated. Also, please suggest more music!

Bach: Brandenburg Concertos; Organ Works

Beethoven: Sonatas; Piano Concerts; (I am getting Symhonies 1-9 on DVD-A)

Bizet: Carmen; what else?

Mozart: Symphonies 40, 41 what other symph.?; Various Overtures; Requiem; Flute Concertos; Oboe Concertos; Suites, etc...

Ravel: Bolero; what else?

Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake; Nutcracker; 1812 Overture

Vivaldi: Four Seasons

Wagner: Overtures

Rachmaninoff: Piano Concertos 1 - 4

Others ???

I had bad experience with Rachmaninoff, I purchased a CD an it is terrible, no stage at all.

Saint Sans Organ Symphony, which I recall as being the 9th. The Telarc is good, there well may be others that are good.

It is not entirely organ. So it is not like a big Bach number. But those would be good too.

I also recommend, as always, Symphonic Star Trek, Round Up, Happy Trails, The Great Fantacy (sp) Adventure Album, Fantastic Journey, on Telarc. Maybe not your cup of tea, but they are the Cincinnati Pops.

Departing farther. Songs of West Side Story on RCA will, in places, challenge your taste if you're strictly into classical. But it is fun.

Gil

Its on CD,I puirchased mine a good few years ago.Maybe they have an improved higher rez SACD or DVDA,do a search.Its the ultimate demo,for seriou subs only(PS no Klipsch sub can do justice here,no Energy and only the Paradigm Servo-15 starts to!)

Its an ideal SVS demo,also great for the HGS18,REVEL B15 and Aerial SW12.

All Yamaha trash can "subs" LOL forget any might here,only whimpy sounds will come out.

3.gif