The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thaddeus Smith

SOLD: ATI AT-1505 Amplifier

Amp is in good shape consmetically. All 5 channels were recently recapped due to age. There's a hum in the center channel which comes and goes (it used to be all channels). It could be environmentally specific to my house, but I'm really just not sure. I'm going active 2-way soon and switching back to pro amps to limit gain structure and noise floor issues. Looking for $650 $400 SOLD local in DFW or Pony Express only due to weight. I'll be travelling to Hope, AR the first weekend of April.

I'd also be interested in trading for two QSC PLX amps or a comparable Crown model. I currently have it racked and it's a heavy SOB to get in and out, but can take pictures if necessary to move a deal forward.

• Like 1

I don't hate it, and I'll make it work if it doesn't sell. But since I'm upending everything else about my system I figured I might as well see if I can convert it into some more pro amps to go along with my active xover, etc.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Proof it exists..

beautiful amp -GLWS

• Like 1

Also open to trading for Yamaha P-S series amps.

Am I overpriced with the potential hum issue? They go for $600-900 in various conditions and presumably original electrolytics or potentially unmentioned issues.

21 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

ATI makes great clean amps. Can't buy a ham sammich for that price. 

I fear the issue here isn't a lack of awareness re: ATI, but the potential issues associated with the amp. I couldn't leave those details out in good conscience.

I spent $500 on it without the issue being brought up, and another $100+ on fresh caps.

• Like 1

Bump. There's been some interest, no doubt location+weight+noise issues are playing a part of the stagnation.

Give me the amp and $100.00 and I'll take it off your hands.