How did you discover Klipsch speakers?

Alexander

What a great topic.  My first exposure to Klipsch speakers was at a Navy buddies apartment.   Him and his wife had a pair of Khorns that completely filled apartment and I thought “what the heck are these?”    At first glance I thought he had built them out of plywood to which he informed me that was the Klipsch way. 

Anyhow…then he turns on his stereo.   I never heard anything like this before.   This was in ‘82 and I asked him how much paid for them…don’t remember the actual amount but I believe it was more than my annual pay in the Navy. 

Fast forward many years and I built an amazing home theater in our home.   Two subs, 4k projector and Dolby Atmos.   After listening to digital music through the system I realized I wanted a separate sound stage for analog music.   Picked up a Marantz 2285b and paired it with my Wharfdale Diamond 230 speakers but it just sounded weak.   Had an aha moment and started researching and listening to many Klipsch speakers and found a well cared for pair of Forte IIs.   

Along with the Fortes I also added a Teac A4300 RTR cause that was another item I saw while overseas.   Anyhow I’m totally enthralled with the sound this system puts out.  Well done Mr Klipsch.  

My neighbor across the street had a pair of Heresys. This was back in the mid 80s. They sounded way better than all the Kefs a lot of my friends had at the time. I had a set of Avids at the time. Same neighbor a couple of years later was getting divorced. He calls me and says you have to see what I got myself. I walk into his 13 by 13 family room and the Heresys were gone and in their place were the largest speakers I had ever seen . A brand new pair of Klipschorns. The next 2 hours we probably ruined our hearing but it was amazing. This led me to buy a pair of Forte 2s which I still have and still love. My neighbor sold the Khorns a couple of years ago for what he paid for them originally but he still has the Heresys.

• Like 1

I returned to listening on a decent system a few years ago after using a computer for a decade due to living situation. Picked up a rebuilt Fisher 440T receiver and needed speakers. Found a budget pair of Klipsch on sale from Klipsch. Recalled seeing and hearing some many years before. For the price they sounded wonderful.

That led me on a search for a pair of Heresy. After a couple years found a nice pair of original H1. Then picked up a KG SW sub from a member here. Next will be a pair of La Scala when I get the scratch saved up. I enjoy the clarity and detail they deliver.

A friends HeresysII's....and then later in life, he purchased new Chorus II's. I have both models myself still. HeresyII's still in their original boxes and stored in shop. I just can't sell them......😉