Best Christmas CD's

justin_tx_16

Here are my favorite Christmas CD's. I know it is a little early but if we get a good list now, we will have time to order them and they arrive for the Christmas season 1.gif

Amy Grant - Home For Christmas

Amy Grant - A Christmas to Remember

Don Irwin - Merry Christmas

Charlotte Church - Dream A Dream

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas (oh holy night is amazing!)

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Harry Connick Junior - When My Heart Finds Christmas

Ben Crosby - White Christmas

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Christmas Attic

Barbra Streisand - Christmas Memories

Jazzy Wonderland

The Glen Miller Orchestra - In the Christmas Mood

Christmas With Friends

Light Jazz Christmas Eve

Piano Winterlude

We have about twice as many listed here that are great, some bag pipe christmas music that will blow you away for one, but I have not found THAT box yet.

So what's on your list?

i'm not that much into christmas music, but i do have a collection of my favorite christmas movies that i like to take out every christmas, and they are:

home alone 1 & 2

miracle on 34th street(1994)

how the grinch stole christmas (w/ jim carrey)

die hard 1 & 2: die harder (not exactly holesome xmas material, but it's xmas in the movie)

the santa clause (w/ tim allen)

O.k. I just HAD to pull this one out.

"Christmas with The Pops" Cincinnati Pops Orchestra w/Toni Tennille, Doc Severinson, Sherrill Milnes and Rosemary Clooney (although this was not one of her best performances). It's on Telarc CD-80226.

The four Mannheim Steamroller albums weren't too bad either.

O.k. I'll get flamed for this one I know but John Tesh's "A Family Christmas" is really growing on me.

And somewhere around here I have an original vinyl copy on LP of Breda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". Or even Bill Haley and the Comets doing "Jingle Bell Rock".

Just thought of one more:

It was never put on a disc before (vinyl, tape or optical) but it went like this. About mid to late seventies a group of college music student (I think from Boston) went to a PBS station (WGBH) and recorded a series of tradiditonal Christmas songs on a closed set. No words were spoken but you could easily sing along in your head. I think the show lasted either 1/2 hour or an hour. The program was called "Percussion Noel". I've call my local PBS satation (WCET ch.48) a couple years ago and they knew nothing about it. I then called WGBH and they tell me that they do remember it but did not have a license to distribute it even if they still had it. The only other course I could think of was to contact the college the students were from. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS!! I also remember the students all wore black turtle-neck sweaters and slacks and there were about 5-7 of them.

Any of you people from around those parts recall such a thing??