K 691 drivers 400.00

joessportster

This is probably longer than necessary, but here you go.

First, good point, Dean, even if the K-691 Klipsch drivers are said to have some secret tweaks that make them sound better than stock.  How much that justifies whatever Klipsch charges is a little hard to know, since they usually come as a kit with a K-402 horn, for around $1995 for a pair of horns and a pair of drivers, making the driver price a bit of a mystery.

As for sound quality, they’re definitely better than the K-69-A drivers that usually come with 402 horns.  I’ve heard the 691 drivers and the 69-A drivers within a few minutes of each other, in the same system, but I only know the earlier and more expensive K-69 drivers by reputation.  The 69s are reputed to sound better than the 69-As, and as mentioned, the 691s clearly beat the 69-As.

Rather than depend solely on my old ears, I recruited my nephew to help me.  He was 16 at the time, and he also found that the 691s were clearly better than the 69-As that we removed.  It was not an exhaustive test, but they sounded more clear and more pleasing to listen to.  

This was with the EQ settings for the 69-As.  I haven’t yet switched over to the 691 settings, since I haven’t seen a chart showing the complete new settings, which would allow me to input everything in one go, and put it on a new User page in the Dx-38.  Since the horn needs more EQ than the driver, I thought I’d still be good with the K-69-A settings, and for over a year they’ve been sounding real fine.  I wanted to have both sets of settings, so I could switch back and forth to hear the differences, but I may have to do just the few changes and rename the page.  Then they should sound even better.

Finally, the K-691s are rated at 110 watts, which is a big step up over the 50 watts of the K-69-A drivers, which should make them able to be run very loud in near-total safety.

4 hours ago, Islander said:

Finally, the K-691s are rated at 110 watts, which is a big step up over the 50 watts of the K-69-A drivers, which should make them able to be run very loud in near-total safety.

According to the specs listed in the link power handling of the 75's are 110 as well

Just sent another message told him if the price includes shipping and paypal fees that I'd buy them probably should have been more clear about that in my first email anyway he has an offer on the table assuming they haven't been sold already.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:07 AM, jjptkd said:

According to the specs listed in the link power handling of the 75's are 110 as well

The K-69-A is not the B&E 75 driver.  Instead, it’s the P. Audio BMD 750 from Thailand., which has a max power rating of 50 watts.  Maybe you’re thinking of the earlier K-69?  It does get a bit confusing.

EDIT:  on further checking, the original BMD750 is discontinued, and the new BMD II 750 has the higher power rating.  I was positive that the Klipsch version of the original model did have a power rating of 50 watts, but since I can’t spot the proof of that online, I’ll concede that the K-69-A has a power limit of either 100 or 110 watts.

What matters more is that in terms of sound quality, going good-better-best, they would be ranked K-69-A, K-69, K-691.  Don’t ask me to dig up the proof of that right now.  However, this is what I’ve been reading in the Forum for more than a year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1