Taking it up the A - S !!!!

Dale W

I hate getting screwed and not even getting a kiss afterward.

Get aload of this crap. Last week i phoned klipsch for a price on some grille covers for my lascalas, no problem. Takes 2 or 3 days to ship them to hope then off to the customer. Part number is 104015 $26.00 each.

Then they tell me if i'm a canadian i have to go through some import dude to get them. So i phoned the local dealer, three days later they get back to me $180.00 plus $15.00 shipping , plus 7% gst tax !!! TOTAL $208.65

Feels like someones trying to shove a telephone pole up my ***. ( FINI : leave that one alone !! )

Anyway if anyone of you fine usa boy's want to help me out and order these covers for me, let me know and i'll send you the cash and my address.

Oh ya , failed to mention the 4 to 6 weeks wait if i order them.

HELP ME GUY'S !!!!!!! 15.gif

Yeah,

I'm in orlando FL. so I'm pretty far away too.

Between all of the helpful people hear on the forum Dale, you ought to be able to get your grille covers no problem.

I'd offer but as stated I'm a ways away(well actually I am offering but surely someone else is closer).

Let me know if I can help.

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 11/26/2002 9:06:04 PM Invidiosulus wrote:

Yeah,

I'm in orlando FL. so I'm pretty far away too.

Peace, Josh

----------------

Josh,

Where exactly are you in Orlando? I live in Oviedo (as does board member Erik Johnson) and wouldn't mind checking out your system one day. The same offer is extended to you as well...

Mike

I cant thank you guys enough for your offers. If anyone ever needs anything from the great white north just let me know.I live in the province of Alberta just outside edmonton.

If the offer still stands then jim is our winner,he's the closest to me.

JIM: go ahead and order the grilles, find out what there going to charge to ship them to you and then let me know. I'll throw a cheque in the mail for you plus some extra to get them to me.Let me know if i can send you anything else for your effort. By the way jim i finally got a successfull bid on e-bay for the 511-b horns.Should see them in a week.

800-554-7724 OPTION 3 FOR PARTS ( KLIPSCH)

• 1 month later...

----------------

On 1/21/2003 3:51:28 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Dale, I'm a few months late to this thread
:)

I'll send you whatever you need, but some of those Cuban cigars in return would be swell
:)
----------------

I have a humidor about 1.5x1x.1 feet in demensions with various brands of cuban cigars. Everytime I go to the Caymans I pick up a few boxes and give them to friends and family (make for great b-day presents). next time I go to cayman, let me know your favorite brand and i will pick you up a few! they are pretty cheap out there depending on what you like. one friend's box cost me $25 while another's cost me $265 on sale from like $310. I go to Churchill's on Grand Cayman just incase you ever venture out there, great ppl.

Customs does note even care, or just does not look hard enough. They ask for any imported fruits and veggies and taxable items, just say "nope, apparently papaya and mango make me sick!" laugh a little and walk away. Also helps to have a camera bag. Just take out the padding and replace it with the cigars with black felt around them. It looks JUST like the padding that was in there, visually and through an xray. Learned that trick from my uncle.

Another tip, take off all the labels (they wrap around the cigars you know) and put them onto the AA batteries in your cd player. They will keep their pefect round shape and they don't normally ask to see your cd players batteries LMAO!

wow, i feel like a pro on this subject haha. my uncle is a pro at all things schemy, and my brother is a fast learner! ahh, when he stays with my uncle for the summers in Cayman... that gets scary! Last time they schemed we ended up with a 47 foot ski boat! time before that it was a Dodge Viper, which has been sold to our cousin out there.

Everything worked out in the end. Jim was happy to help me out but just before he order'ed them i came across a pair localy. Just an hour drive away, some guy's house caught on fire and destroid his lascalas's ( bad luck) but good for me as he never mounted the grilles and they were in his garage when the house burnt.

Thank god he had the presents of mind to list them for sale instead of pitching them out. Paid $45.00 canadian for the pair.

So thanx again to everyone who offered.16.gif