I hate dumb salesmen!!!!

Stephen328

Usually i dont have too much trouble getting salesmen to take me seriously. Im 15, but i can usually get em to take me seriously. It is true though that as soon as a middle age male walks in you will be abandoned. I listened to the RF-3s and 7s today. Man. Got to love em. I love the 5s too. cant decide. need $$$$$$$$$$.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I walk in most local audio stores the owners know me,I am traeted like a KING(I am GOD after all LOL).Even if I did not take a bath for a month I think I would still get good service! 3.gif

Let's say I know the backstores and can browse the most expensive gear as I see fit.Even move the gear and listen to what I want.I can borrow big ticket gear without paying a dime! Yes you heard right I know the owners and am almost family there. 1.gif

I am TheEAR,the local town fool with a passion for audio.

Seems like Tweeters is hit or miss. However, at my particular store, I have gotten nothing but great service. I have even gone in on boring saturday afternoons and the salesman that sold me my gear was just showing me some of the coolest toys. He knew I was not buying anything, but still showed me some of that stuff, such as B&K's, Denon's, and Pioneer's newest recievers. Just last weekend, I had a DVD that was giving my player a fit (the second disk of the LotR extended edition), so I took it over to Tweeters and asked if I can play it in that Pioneer DV45A player to see if it was my player or I had a bad disk (my player never gave me problems with other disks). I think I am going to get a new DVD player to replace my still fairly new JVC, but I'll have to wait till after the holidays.

Maybe I am lucky or maybe because this is a new store (only been opened for about 7 months or so), so they need to drum up business. I hope I can still get the same kind of service I had been getting come 5 years from now when I am about to drop serious coin on a new TV or even seperates. Short of going to the 'net or driving 50 miles north to Tyson's corner in the DC area or 50 miles the other way to Richmond, the Tweeters here is the only place in the area that has Klipsch.

I am rarely taken seriously. but than again, 14 year old, hoodie, dread locks, baggy jeans, who can blame them? Well, they aren't smart considering I often go into those places and make spontaneous decisions, like the 700 dollar Mcintosh amplifier. I am not a teen that is short of money by any means. 11.gif

I am rarely taken seriously. but than again, 14 year old, hoodie, dread locks, baggy jeans, who can blame them? Well, they aren't smart considering I often go into those places and make spontaneous decisions, like the 700 dollar Mcintosh amplifier. I am not a teen that is short of money by any means. 11.gif

Sales man are great,They all have a good one to say every year,If you are just looking at high quality receivers,speakers or any thing of that matter and they see your intersted.They say Ya thats a top seller this year,He says...I have the same one.Turn around and start looking at some thing else in the store,And the sales man has that one to.Well these sales guys must own alot of stuff.Don't listen to any sales guys but your self,bring a friend that knows his equipment.

• 6 months later...

Have any of you shopped at a SoundTrack? They are the only Klipsch retailer I have found in Colorado. They too are very selective about who they give good customer service too. I had to flat out tell a salesman "I want to buy these speakers today" before I could get anybody to give me the time of day. Hopefully it will be a better experience when I buy my center channel in a few weeks.

I think it's funny how us younger (I'm 22) shoppers would do anything to get the common courtesy of a nod when we enter these stores, and the 'target shoppers' for these chains just want to be left alone 3.gif

Dome,

I know exactly what you mean. I experienced the same thing at Soundtrack in Colorado Springs a few years ago. When I went to buy some Klipsch speakers, there were salesmen in the audio section bs'ing but none of them even acknowledged my prescence. I didn't want any of them to get commision from me so I went and got somebody from another department to help me with my purchase. I'm pretty sure it was because I was young(20 at the time) guess they figured since I was young I wasn't going to buy anything.

Frank

just like in every other profession, there are people who are good at their job and people who are bad at their job....

i can make generalizations about nearly every occupation...lawyers...engineers...politicians....and yes even salesman...

but they are only generalizations...... everything else is only anecdotes about "my shopping trip"....

grow up people....if you get good service, go back again...if not, don't shop there again....period!

(and yes..i sell electronics.... at the distributor level)

The tweeter in my area is great. They seem to know their stuff and don't push you but they're there to help as soon as you walk in the door. One guy was dragging speakers all over the store for me to listen to different set-ups. When I bought my tv and receiver for my HT, the guy came over and helped me hook everything up. FOR FREE! He was very knowledgable and we've sort of become friends since then. He was awed over my corns. He'd never seen heritage before.

Well, I'll state the BGO (Brilliant Glimpse of the Obvious) here and say that you're not going to get better "neutral" advice that what you'll find here on the Forum. What you won't get here is the actual sound of the amp/speaker combo.

People behave as they are incentivized. I have 150 or so people working with me and we're pretty much on the same team. If you make it a low base/high commission deal, most sales people will put their own gain ahead of the company's. Amazing that more outlets haven't figured that out.

Warren Buffet just bought "Jordans'" here in MA two years ago. Great outfit, the only place I'd buy furniture if I have the choice. They've got the formula right!

My local dealer is Audio King (part of ultimate electronics), anyway I've always gotten great service and usually have to tell sales people to leave me alone, which is wierd because i'm 21. Anyway, the people that really piss me off are the car audio sales guys. I was in Audio King a few weeks ago and bought some speaker wire. As I was waiting for it to be cut I wandered into the car audio area and was looking at an xtant amp. some stubby little sales guy waddled up and asked if I needed help. I told him I was just waiting for my wire. After bs-ing with him for a min or two, he asked if he could ring up that amp. Once again I told him I wasn't going to buy anything. He ended up asking me about 4 more times. I was so pissed.

Please excuse me if someone has already covered this, but what the manufacturers seem to fail to understand is that every time someone who is knowledgeable goes into an audio/video shop and receives bonehead information, or an arrogant attitude, or is ignored, or imposed upon, that potential customer becomes more likely to buy online, even if from an unauthorized dealer. Just being an authorized dealer is no guarantee of quality of service or knowledge of the product. Conversely, being unauthorized for a certain product does not make the dealer a crook, or stupid. Personally, I'm not convinced that manufacturers are all that opposed to unauthorized sales. Consider that in the chain of sales, the manufacturer sells to the distributor for a certain price. That distributor then sells to either an authorized, or an unathorizd dealer. Either way, the maufacturer has already made its money. If the distributor sells to an authorized retailer, the manufacturer incurs warranty obligations; if the distributor sells to an unauthorized retailer, the manufacturer disclaims any warranties and, thus, lowers its overhead and increases its profit. At the same time, the manufacturer appears to be taking the high road because it claims to discourage unauthorized sales so that it may maintain a higher level of customer service. And we are back to our original position and the reason for this thread, which is that many sales people are less than a pleasure to do business with. Oh, well.

Geo1: "And we are back to our original position and the reason for this thread, which is that many sales people are less than a pleasure to do business with. Oh, well."

I Fell Into A Burning Ring Of Fire

I Went Down, Down, Down

And The Flames Went Higher

And It Burns, Burns, Burns

The Ring Of Fire

The Ring Of Fire

2.gif

I have to compliment the people at my local Tweeter in Framingham, especially Bill. He patiently spent several hours with me on several days. Was not upset at all when I left the first day to say I would think it over and come back. After the sale, his service got even better. When I could not figure out how to get multi zone to work on my Denon 4802, he said he would come over my house on his day off (he lives30 minutes away) to help figure it out. Now Circuit City or Best Buy down the road is another story.