Carl, Please Take Down The Hurricane Magnet

Gilbert

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Sure it does, have half of one of those left it's 137. something... can't sip that without a cube or two, but it is worth holding onto until I can get another!.

The new me is a lightweight!

I don't need a cube but always have a water chaser close by.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I finished a Belle Meade yesterday and opened an EC barrel proof.  I have a couple of them at the house and noticed the proof difference on the 2 that I had.  One was 122 and the other was 136.  I guess it depends on the barrel.

Are high proof bourbons, over 100 proof, still “bottled in bond”? Two or three lifetimes ago and in the Kansas liquor biz all bottles had a tax label over the bottle cap. Bourbons over 100 proof had a green “bottled in bond” label, a red label for others under 100 proof. Not sure if it was a state or federal tax law mandate. ?? 

13 hours ago, richieb said:

Are high proof bourbons, over 100 proof, still “bottled in bond”? Two or three lifetimes ago and in the Kansas liquor biz all bottles had a tax label over the bottle cap. Bourbons over 100 proof had a green “bottled in bond” label, a red label for others under 100 proof. Not sure if it was a state or federal tax law mandate. ?? 

Bottled in bond has to be exactly 100 proof I believe.  I'm not sure about the tax labels.  The only time I pay any attention to them is when they get in between me and my bourbon.