Ordered R-820F's but I have second thoughts

Vankyra

Greetings,

Me and some friendly folks in here had a talk the other days about speakers and avr's. I came to the conclusion that Id by the 820F's for 650€ (black friday sale). So I paid for them via Visa card. 

The guy from the store called me immediately saying that this model is out of stock and it should be here in 15days or so. In the mean time, I've been searching and reading..did I make the right choice? Should I push the budget and go for the Reference Premiere serie, like the RF-250f or even the RF-5000?? Most people swear that the Rp series is only worth it and everyone should skip the R line. I need your honest opinions

• Like 1

So, it will take around Christmas to get the 820's?

Where is that list of towers you have access to?

Cannot recall if they had any R Favailable besides 5he RP towers.

Going smaller, not as good per our conversation.

2 different lines, RP and Rf.

Edited by billybob

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

So, it will take around Christmas to get the 820's?

Where is that list of towers you have access to?

Cannot recall if they had any R Favailable besides 5he RP towers.

Going smaller, not as good per our conversation.

2 different lines, RP and Rf.

Exactly, around Christmas. And until then I cant help it but to search around, if I made a good choice. 

Rp250f at 840€

Rp5000f at 990€ 

Rp4000f at 800€

The bigger ones like the 280f or the 8000f's go 1000€+.. 

16 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Exactly, around Christmas. And until then I cant help it but to search around, if I made a good choice. 

Rp250f at 840€

Rp5000f at 990€ 

Rp4000f at 800€

The bigger ones like the 280f or the 8000f's go 1000€+.. 

If not mistaken here, the RP you listed are smaller drivers speakers. Correct me if wrong.

The 8000 is an RP also, as well as the 280's.

These and the ones you ordered are 8 inch driver speakers.

So, looks to me that the only special price is on the RP-820's.

If correct, unless they let you have the 8000 or 280's for the special sale price, you will pay more for those not on sale.

Correct?

9 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Yes, the 8000f's are almost double priced compared to the 820f. Should I go for a smaller speaker but from the RP line since the quality could be better or? 

Did you call and speak with the salesperson to find out if you could get the 280's or 8000 for the price you have already paid on your card?

Maybe not you but, I would be unhappy they are out of stock this time of year.

14 minutes ago, Vankyra said:

Yes, the 8000f's are almost double priced compared to the 820f. Should I go for a smaller speaker but from the RP line since the quality could be better or? 

All of the speakers we have talked about so far is the RP line!

Why would the quality be better in the smaller speakers?

🤔

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Did you call and speak with the salesperson to find out if you could get the 280's or 8000 for the price you have already paid on your card?

Maybe not you but, I would be unhappy they are out of stock this time of year.

No no, 8000 is at 1200euros and the 280's is at 1360euros.. The 820f's I ordered costs 650euros.. so if I wanted to change my order I should pay the extra money.. 

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

All of the speakers we have talked about so far is the RP line!

Why would the quality be better in the smaller speakers?

🤔

They are from the RP line and thats why they "should" have better quality but not wattage.

1 minute ago, Vankyra said:

No no, 8000 is at 1200euros and the 280's is at 1360euros.. The 820f's I ordered costs 650euros.. so if I wanted to change my order I should pay the extra money.. 

They are from the RP line and thats why they "should" have better quality but not wattage.

I wouldn't concern yourself with the wattage. The RP line is up the Klipsch chain. If you think you might want to upgrade sometime, now is the time, especially since you haven't taken possession of the 820s. Upgraditus is a serious condition!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vankyra said:

They are smaller is the only difference that matters.

Given you my best...

Would wait on the 820's and save my money. Your decision. Others will say more...🙂

Just now, Ceptorman said:

I wouldn't concern yourself with the wattage. The RP line is up the Klipsch chain. If you think you might want to upgrade sometime, now is the time, especially since you haven't taken possession of the 820s. Upgraditus is a serious condition!

Look at his choices and read the back and forth... thanks.

• Like 1

I don't understand at all why you are questioning the decision you have already made. We all worked very hard last week to find the right way. Sure you'll have other speakers and AVRs at some days in the future , but remember you're just starting out and the selection is a really good entry level equipment. Especially in the price-performance ratio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rebuy said:

The Reference Series will be a better speaker

as it uses  different materials for all drivers

and a better crossover. The cabinet will be better quality also.

it depends on your budget.

He's comparing the Reference and the Reference Premiere...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I was always concerned about wattage, it's always a lovely feeling to have the equipment that can be pushed hard. You have a point there, it's a serious condition and it's on its peak the last few days.. 

14 hours ago, billybob said:

They are smaller is the only difference that matters.

Given you my best...

Would wait on the 820's and save my money. Your decision. Others will say more...🙂

That's what I wanted to do, wait for the 820's and save my money for the AVR and of course for a center speaker. :(

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I don't understand at all why you are questioning the decision you have already made. We all worked very hard last week to find the right way. Sure you'll have other speakers and AVRs at some days in the future , but remember you're just starting out and the selection is a really good entry level equipment. Especially in the price-performance ratio.

"Price-performance ratio" that hit me like a truck, I love hearing it.. I know and you helped me a lot last week to find out what piece of equipment to get and thank you for that.. 

2 hours ago, rebuy said:

If Money is the issue and you want a fuller range speaker

consider the R-620F.

I don't know what they have in your country

but the 620's would be a little less expensive and have a good sound.

If they have them in stock

The 620F's are 100euros cheaper than the 820F's that I already purchased and indeed they could save me money, but I always think about getting something good, so that I can keep it for the future

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

He's comparing the Reference and the Reference Premiere...

I guess its like comparing apples to oranges, huh? 

2 hours ago, rebuy said:

The Reference Premiere Series will be a better speaker

as it uses  different materials for all drivers

and a better crossover. The cabinet will be better quality also.

it depends on your budget.

That's what I'm reading all over the internet, that's why I'm saying that I'm considering the RP line. I will post my thoughts, my budget etc below.