Need new manual razor, any ideas?

JohnJ

That's it, I am on my last gilet fusion five bladed cartridge. It might last until next weekend.

Started using disposables in the early 80s think it was the schick slim-twin first multiple blade I'd used and skinny enough to get close around/under my shnoz. Got a Remington electric for a present once and my face killed it quickly. Liked the smell of that Williams Lectric-Shave. You can still get the slim-twin but I quit getting them long ago when quality suffered then my face did.

So gilet insulted every male everywhere a couple years ago and I didn't forget.

Guys are guys, girls are girls gtf over it, too late to change me now. It's x+y's or x+x's.

Why am I still using them? They were too good to toss out. $8.00 off and better than that coupons and deals at the warehouse I go to and I had five or six sheets of these things when that cr*p hit the fan a couple years ago. Heck the handle and blade set-up was mailed to me by BJ's for free when it came out. Don't wanna fund them again, but darn their blades have lasted the longest for me.

My beard ate up Harrys blades when I tried them earlier this year. It could not even clear my neck or face in one stroke. I mean it only took 40% maybe, then clogged quickly and I could see chunks out of the blades or bends or something. That wasn't three days growth, but a 24 hour one! When I had searched for the better of the razor "services" they appeared to be good. Straight to the trash can that went. Way things have been I forgot about it until I had to dig into my dop-kit and find the last of those cartridges today.

Never tried the "safety razor type that was the manual besides a straight blade years ago. Might now. There is cheap and there is needless-markup platinum variety in that category. True stainless is good enough for me. Although you can never tell now a days until the corrosion starts if you really have Stainless Steel. Do not see Pittsburgh or PA stamped anywhere anymore.

Yea my whiskers are speckled with gray now but I swear they're the toughest thing about me left!

Had a disposable a few times that nicked me up for no reason than they were blems, or lemons. Quit `em then. Never had a blue blade.

Went with a heavy duty coffee grinder last year after spend $80 + every other year on that bodum burr grinder. Gave it to a different company this time. Have to clean it after oily beans a few times but think it will be the last one I buy and can be handed down. Thinking that way now, but would have to learn the safety razor way. Adept with using tools that you can not force but let them do the job when you guide it. Maybe that translates to not too much blood in this endeavor? I'll let you know. 

• Like 1