1951 Klipschorn pair, Troy, IL, $2500

codewritinfool

2 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Something not quite right - type AA?

22 minutes ago, kuisis said:

The wood is too thick and 51's didn't have AA crossovers.

Yeah, saw these before. They do look nice, but something is off. The horn looks to be from that time period, but the xover and the paperwork shows the Belle, which wasn't offered in 51. 

• Like 1

OK, the squawker horn looks to be circa 1951, but, IMO, the type AA network and K-55/Atlas driver were not used in 1951.  I’m curious about the tweeters and woofers. My guess is that the seller believes them to be “all original” 1951, but my opinion is that the seller is incorrect.

Remember, stereo was not a thing in 1951 so speakers, especially large and expensive speakers, were seldom sold in pairs.

The tested by PWK sticker is very cool.  I’d like a dollar for every listing for Klipsch Heritage described as “very rare” to justify the asking price.   IMO, the demand for “very rare” does not generally exist so as to justify a higher asking price, at least not to the extent sellers hope it does.  The speakers look very nice and probably sound great.  The asking price is reasonable.  I hope these find an appreciative new owner.

10A86BBE-6B3C-430A-95F1-7B8B8388F248.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

OK, the squawker horn looks to be circa 1951, but, IMO, the type AA network and K-55/Atlas driver were not used in 1951.  I’m curious about the tweeters and woofers. My guess is that the seller believes them to be “all original” 1951, but my opinion is that the seller is incorrect.

Remember, stereo was not a thing in 1951 so speakers, especially large and expensive speakers, were seldom sold in pairs.

I agree. From the pics on ebay, the xovers don't look to be matching. I wasn't sure when the K-55 driver was introduced on the Khorn. Also, one of the K-55-V looks to be older than the other.