Not quite a time capsule

wstrickland1

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Are they out and going to be played with? 

Yes they are. Stayed home and tested a few pieces that are FB Marketplace worthy at best and finally pulled the Heresys down and put these jewels in their place. My garage is my HT, tool room, junk room, gear boxes storage room and daughter's band room. It is a total mess in here. I dare not let you people see it.

I will say that I hooked up the Heresys to an Onkyo 805 playing an early 90s Technics 5 disc player (MASH dac) and they are spectacular.  They're about 4 feet apart and the width of the Soundstage is easily 15' wide. It's crazy. 

1 minute ago, wstrickland1 said:

Yes they are. Stayed home and tested a few pieces that are FB Marketplace worthy at best and finally pulled the Heresys down and put these jewels in their place. My garage is my HT, tool room, junk room, gear boxes storage room and daughter's band room. It is a total mess in here. I dare not let you people see it.

I will say that I hooked up the Heresys to an Onkyo 805 playing an early 90s Technics 5 disc player (MASH dac) and they are spectacular.  They're about 4 feet apart and the width of the Soundstage is easily 15' wide. It's crazy. 

Did you lose or gain anything by replacing the Heresys with the RS7s? 

I follow Cat on FB, she stays very busy, and does very well.

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Did you lose or gain anything by replacing the Heresys with the RS7s? 

I follow Cat on FB, she stays very busy, and does very well.

Cat is busy and so is her sound man/security guard haha. Thanks! 

I haven't played them yet, I can't get away from these Heresys haha.

The truth is we don't  "get down" with movies anymore, probably because the space isn't very conducive. Ok ok I'm going to show you what I'm working with.. but first my current situation 

20210211_171300.jpg

1 minute ago, wstrickland1 said:

Oh yeah the blues cube. It's scoffed at by the guys that play with her because it's solid state. Imagine that hahaha

It has some interesting tube tones built in though. And much lighter, more durable. I have a Marshall 40 watt tube amp, but it never goes mobile.

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It has some interesting tube tones built in though. And much lighter, more durable. I have a Marshall 40 watt tube amp, but it never goes mobile.

Cat's straight up acoustic,  I just got that for her to play around with and a couple of her guitarists early on were good but had total crap gear. Same with the Fender Rumble 800 fir the bass players. Now she plays with older guys who have their own stuff.

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

The guy I bought my RS-7s from was using them as mains in a basement setup.  I never tried them that way but they work fantastic as side surrounds. 

I will say that in this less than optimal space they work better than the Heresys back there.  Watching now and I like it much better. 4 RF-7s, an RC-7, 2 RS-7s and 2 RSW-15s in this junked up place. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wstrickland1 said:

I will say that in this less than optimal space they work better than the Heresys back there.  Watching now and I like it much better. 4 RF-7s, an RC-7, 2 RS-7s and 2 RSW-15s in this junked up place. 

All we see are the speakers😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

All we see are the speakers😀

and speaker boxes. I had visions of breaking them down but the foam in the LaScala and palladium boxes are just as big. Then we were going to move and I was going to sell most. Then I was going to toss the boxes. The good thing is it acts as sound treatment against the garage doors :)

Like I said the RS7s are way better back there. We have been watching Sneaky Pete and are thru about 10 episodes. Last night there were actually surround effects. Didn't have anything before to speak of. It was a much more enveloping sound. I like much better. Now I can finally get these Heresy's to a customer of ours that does high end cabinet work. He's going to put some really nice veneer on them. Not sure what just yet.

25 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

So I guess if you happen to want to sell anything, you don't actually need to say "Original boxes...."  you can just post this picture......

It would probably be best if I didn't post this picture. You and I know that there's not so much as a scratch on anything but you wouldn't know by looking at that fkery