should RB-5's be better?

prodj101

Hello dj,

Can I make a request?

You got any Ozark Mountain Daredevils?

J/K.9.gif

Yeah, for the money, there are many different sounding speakers available.

All have their own "voice"

B&W is smooth and liquid.

Horribly neutral.

Cool if you like that kinda thing.

Don't know squat about Dynas'.

Your best bet is to try and demo as much as possible with your own source music.

And often.

Pound for pound and dollar for dollar, you can't beat Klipsch.9.gif

But, your ears must be the ultimate judge.

Don't ever let yourself be taken in by some passing fad or cool advertising.

Listen to your gut and always pay attention to what your senses are telling you.

Too me, Klipsch just feels right.

It brings me closer to live venue sound than anything else i've ever heard.

Above all,

Have fun!1.gif

For all intents and purposes, the Klipsch Reference cones are "ceramic".

Read the Infinity White Paper on C.M.M.D. technology. http://www.infinityspeakers.com/home_audio/technology.asp

As far as the RB5's go -- I consider them to be some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. Good bite and grip, without overwhelming you. You also get the smooth response of a two way -- which is hard to beat.

I found the RB-5s to sound quite good, I will admit they dont use $500 tweeters BUT for the money I think they would be VERY hard to beat. move up to $2,000 a pair and it's another story, Revel comes to mind as a killer stand mounted two-way. Mini-utopias from JMlabs sound pretty darn good too...but bang for buck in that size I have yet to hear something that pleases me more than the RB-5s. I will, of course, never stop looking though! LOL! regards, tony

I ptetty much have spent as much as 1200-1400 hours or more listening to RB-5s.

Auditioned them at the same time I listened to B&W 805 with a Sunfire Jr. sub 2.5 years ago.

805 was very detailed but seemed like the music was almost behind the speaker instead in front of it. Not challenging or involving for my taste at more than 2.5 times the price of the RB5 as I remember.

The RB-5 when well anchored to a good stand seemed to have a firmer mid bass to me. But when I bought them I wanted a really great blaster speaker in the smallest box possibel to surprise the casual listener that happened by the house.

My old friends know me as a PA speaker boulder from my college days, so it was a bit of a joke have people say, "Gee they look kinda small", and then blowing their face off.

HEHE 9.gif

It was fun.

Rick