Heresy I E-2 Crossover Capacitor Upgrade Recommendations

harleyfx

• 1 year later...

I have 1 Heresy Circa 1984 that I use as a center channel to go with my 2 La Scalas. I ordered replacement caps from Digikey for the Heresy. 3 of them cost me about $16 including shipping. I replaced the entire crossovers several years ago for the La Scalas with B&K Sound crossovers. HUGE difference. I will be replacing the crappy speaker terminal also. 

DSC06992.jpg

• Like 1

@Gregavi

Sad  to hear that you bought new aftermarket BK crossovers and even worse Digikey    , but  had you  upgraded your crossovers with  new klipsch  original capacitors   your speakers would have  sounded fantastic  ,

feel free to try the klipsch Factory capacitors next time around  ..it is sold by  @JEM Performance    https://jemperformanceaudio.com/      

• Confused 1

Thanks 001. I have only just ordered the ones from Digikey. I can send them back and get the ones from JEM. I really didn't know which caps to buy. Still don't. Which ones from JEM for the Heresy and do they sell them for a single speaker or do I have to buy a pair?

What is wrong with the BK crossover? They sound great, at least compared to the originals which were over 30 years old when I replaced them. I think the folks over at Crites would disagree. I can't say because I have not A/B them with BK vs new originals, only BK vs old originals. Obviously not a fair comparison.

Edited by Gregavi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...