Klipsch Reference Series not made in USA?

Kain

Hey big red machine... OK "Kain" in the WWE which used to be the WWF and if you do not know what that means it stands for the World Wrestling Entertainment. Now changed to the WWE because the friends of the animals group in the USA call their name the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). OK long story to prove a point..

Just like your reading this dribble.. And I am making you follow suit till the end to get the point..LOL If you follow your link it sais the OTHER speakers are made in China...Not Klipsch.

Well, actually they did say that the Klipsch drivers were made in Mexico. One guy opened his RF'5's or 7's and showed a picture where it says MADE IN MEXICO on the driver magnet.

While this may be true, i cannot help but wonder. I have stuff from all around teh world, denmark, germany, china, taiwan, japan, mexico, america, france, etc etc. it would be TOO EASY for me to take off the lable and put it onto my klipsch heresy's!

I stand semi corrected.... "Assembled" and "Made In" are two different things. But again, from the thread I assumed it was talking about the "Rockets" speakers NOT Klipsch, and that they were also partially assembled in China.

Interesting to note, this looks like Multi level Marketing of speakers too on the other speakers they were talking about to me?

If the pic is of an actual Klipsch speaker... And it is assembled in Mexico.. might be a good Question for those people that only buy USA goods to understand. But I sugest Bob G or Someone from Klipsch make that call too.

Hmmm...

Don't know if the "Assembled in Mexico" label on the woofer is a hoax or not.

I would have no qualms about buying Klipsch speakers even if components come from other countries than the U.S.A. We have a global economy nowadays. I'll bet most of the parts used in the subwoofer amps come from off shore, maybe even the whole assembly.

As far as quality goes, I would have no concern about products assembled in Mexico. My Dodge Ram pickup was built in Mexico. The build quality is at least as good as on one from the U.S.A. It was built to the same specs, with the same quality control procedures, as the ones from the U.S.A. And, from what I have seen, the folks in Mexico probably put a bit more care into their work than our union members doing the same job because their jobs are less secure and the result of losing it more severe.

I do prefer to buy American when I can, though.

Kain you should of left this one alone LOL

Here we go another 257 reply post!

YES Mexico is correct, all my new H/T Klipsch had Mexico inside them, assembled there

Also My KG 5.5s were assebled in Mexico, and that goes back to 1996!

The build quality has gone down with lighter inexpensive material, so we can consereve the planet for our future children!

Regards Jim9.gif

Man, you guys are unbelievable......What's the difference where it is made???Maybe you should go and buy Bose.....Or some crap name mfg. in the USA.

Malcom, you are right on.

Have you guys been to Mexico....The reason the US is losing jobs to them is due to the fact that labor is cheaper, people will come to work everyday and not ***** and complain....As with many non-Americans work is considered to be an opportunity or privelege, not a right.

Don't get me wrong I love made in the USA IF the product is priced right and performs, and we still have a kick-*** mfg. force. But let's be honest, US costs are spiraling out of control due to Unions, Health care and collective bargaining to list a few.....

I buy american cars, but don't think for a minute that I wouldn't buy a BMW, Porsche, Ferrari or Lexus if I could afford it. It is about Value (cost vs. performance) right??

Kain, aren't you from the U.A.E.?? And you are whining about products made in Mexico???!!!

I think we should have/add a new forum for "things non-related to Klipsch that I want to complain about"

I guess that means we should all boycott the new Reference line based on any or all of it is assembled or Mfg'd in Mexico or wherever. This is ignorant and reeks of discrimination any way you cut it. The bottom line is again cost/performance = Value.

Did I pour enough gas on this fire? I am tired of all the whining on the Klipsch boards by the vocal minority.

I would rather own Mexican made Klipsch than made in the USA Bose or KLH garbage.

That is not to say that there are not quality speakers made in the USA. (My Audio Concepts sats come to mind.)

We just have to face the fact that we are living in a global economy today.

Even the great American Iron, Harley Davidson, is full of foreign made parts.

To all and sundry!

I thought this board was about Klipsch and audio but there are a few individuals who are bound and determined to turn as many threads as possible into soapboxes from which they can spit on as many ethnic groups/political groups,racial groups and religious groups as is humanly possible.

I for one have had it !

You have an ethnic/political/racial/religious thought rattling around in the your brain that needs expression ? - FINE !! Go find a suitable forum somewhere - I am sure that if one searches hard enough one could find a site devoted to just about any topic.

Lynn, you know I am a great fan of you and the heron... but I have to say that I, for one, have been helped by the insights into Forum Folk that I have gained by reading non-audio comments. In fact, such subjects have led to long, lasting friendships... at least as long as I've been on the Forum.

Take for example my non-audio computer anquish that you adroitly found to be Klez at work... if I stuck to audio... I would still be stuck on the dark side of Klez! At least that is one time you made a tremendous difference by responding to a non-audio comment. And I remain gratefully in your debt because of it.

I would agree, however, that non-audio or HT references should be in the "General" section where they more properly belong. Anyone who ventures in the General section should go there knowing that he or she may encounter some off the wall subjects and far out replies. It adds character and depth to the website... and, frankly, one can get a much better response from a wide variety of thinking people on this website than can be had on a website where there would be more accord and less discenting views.

Whew, I am tired and have a long drive yet ahead. Be well, my friend of an even longer drive... you are part of what is good about this Forum. Happy Hollies... -HornED

Prod- I appreciate you seeing my point of view.

Hofy- Right on.

Lynnm- Who are you referring to specifically? They may not even realize it unless pointed out..

HornEd---Your posts are always welcome as they provide a pragmatic insight and point of view that only experience can provide.

The greatest gift we have here in the US is the fact that you can buy whatever brands you want and vote with your dollar as long as your not voting/buying Cuban cigars 8.gif The fact is we are in a global economy and we just had our 10 year anniversary of NAFTA yesterday or today.

LOL i knew this one would take off, 257 replies or more, at least i was in this one!

As long as its all Klipsch product you guys here are right!, I think ill go modify something LOL!

We caint copmare the old build to the new, my Dads 1975 mobile home is holding out better than my 1997 modular home!

Lets see a 1958 cadillac, in a 5 MPH collision?

I didnt come here to whine,

I just thought on the topic, here we go again LOL!

Regards Freinds, Jim9.gif

WWE Kain,

Klipsch R series drivers are made in Mexico(assembled is there as a disguise,why in the blue HELL would Klipsch ship parts from the US of an A to MEHICO for assembly and then get them back!).

To me no matter what the sticker says R series drivers are MADE IN MEXICO.And BTW all,I have nothing against this as the drivers work very well and dont fail(I have a few R series Klipsch speakers thank you,probably the most on any member on these forums).SO Made in mexico here is A ok.

Now lets move to B0$e...no matter where they are made they sound like a fart and burp contest

Ok lets go back to Klipsch now

I too have lottsa gear and most comes from the USA(Klipsch,Krell,ATI,Sunfire,Aerial,Revel,Monster Cable,Cardas,SolidSteel,AudioResearch and co),other components are from Canada(Paradigm,Celeste(MOON series),UltraLink),Dynaudio from Denmark,Spendor from England,From Japan(Sony,Pioneer Elite)and a few from less known places(the 3801 in assembled in Malaysia,the Toshiba 5700 is assembled in...god knows where...and so on).All to say its how it works and sound that matters.

When I can I buy Made in Canada and USA first,unless its a cheapo Toshiba 5700 or a lowly Denon 3801.

----------------

On 12/11/2002 10:51:50 PM TheEAR wrote:

why in the blue HELL would Klipsch ship parts from the US of an A to MEHICO for assembly and then get them back!

Actually, EAR, you would be surprised to know how many companies do ship parts off to foreign lands to have them assembled and shipped back. It ends up still being cheaper than paying American labor rates.