god damn vibrations

prodj101

People here use Mortite rope caulking to dampen horns.

Its original use is to seal up windows against drafts getting in between the frame holding the glass and the frame in the wall in which it resides.

You'll see the stuff looks like a roll of ribbon cable, with eight or ten parallel wires. The way to way to use it is to select a "wire" or rope or string at the edge of the coil and unwind it down to the core. Not like Scotch tape. You'll get a string about 1/16th inch thick and several feet long. The stuff can be fragile, and so it sometimes breaks in the process. But you can push the ends together.

You push the rope along the gap. This should keep things from rattling.

Gil

Gil

I just installed brand-new windows. Mine were vibrating up a storm.

I have cut my heating bill by 25%, cut about 60% of the external outside noise (traffic, sirens, etc.), improved the appearance of the house, and stopped ALL the rattling. Biggest improvement I made to my system yet.

Didn't cost that much either.

-PB

----------------

On 12/20/2002 4:28:53 PM pierceb wrote:

I just installed brand-new windows. Mine were vibrating up a storm.

I have cut my heating bill by 25%, cut about 60% of the external outside noise (traffic, sirens, etc.), improved the appearance of the house, and stopped ALL the rattling. Biggest improvement I made to my system yet.

Didn't cost that much either.

-PB
----------------

I know exactly what you mean,

My parents remodeled a few years ago.

Once they had the new siding and windows in suddenly my electric bass amp sounded cleaner at louder volumes due to the lack of extraneous vibrations.

I still vibrated the heck out of my desk though3.gif

Peace, Josh