Is there a vinyl section in here somewhere.

Mighty Favog

33 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

How do you like that machine?

So far so good...but. The guy I bought it from didn't have any fluid left (just the empty Okki Nokki concentrate bottle) so all I had left was some ancient fluid from my 35-year old Discwasher D4 kit. I should probably get a better brush too. THEN after my wife goes to work tomorrow I can crank up a newly cleaned album. Tonight, though, I snuck in Andreas Vollenweider's "Behind the gardens..." album so she could get some sleep as it played. 😎 But that was cheating a little as my copy is in REALLY good shape to begin with. Just not a 1/2 Speed Master.

The replacement micro-fiber strips for the arm seem a bit expensive for what they are.

The guy I bought it from is close to Klipsch's HQ in Brownsburg, IN and has his own low-watt radio station (96.9MHz??). He says he up graded from this unit to an ultrasonic fir his Clearaudio TT. He said he didn't like the goat-hair brush that came with it as it would leave a bristle behind here and there.

• Like 4

Wow!! What an improvement!!

This morning I decided to give the machine a real test.

Back in 1976, local rock radio station WEBN 102.7 started compiling music from local artists for the production of an album for charity (United Way). That first album was titled "The Vinyl Days" on the BFS (Brute Force Cybernetics) label. The sonics, by today's standards, weren't the best but I'm sure they did their best. After a few years later, the station would put out another album every year. This went on for about 25-years or so. I've asked the station if there would ever be a CD of TVD but I never got a reply.

I've got a few copies of "The Vinyl Days" hoping to find a really clean copy so I could transfer it to CD and store the little biscuit. The only cleaning these copies have seen was the usual Discwasher D3/D4 brush and fluids. This thing now sounds as if it were 1976 again!!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:24 PM, Mighty Favog said:

Wow!! What an improvement!!

This morning I decided to give the machine a real test.

Back in 1976, local rock radio station WEBN 102.7 started compiling music from local artists for the production of an album for charity (United Way). That first album was titled "The Vinyl Days" on the BFS (Brute Force Cybernetics) label. The sonics, by today's standards, weren't the best but I'm sure they did their best. After a few years later, the station would put out another album every year. This went on for about 25-years or so. I've asked the station if there would ever be a CD of TVD but I never got a reply.

I've got a few copies of "The Vinyl Days" hoping to find a really clean copy so I could transfer it to CD and store the little biscuit. The only cleaning these copies have seen was the usual Discwasher D3/D4 brush and fluids. This thing now sounds as if it were 1976 again!!

244590259_2561966497282964_1340080525234

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...