klipsch cinema 1200 what problems, software flaws, glitches?

karogs

5 minutes ago, ken6432 said:

The quality of the final analog output that goes to the speakers is what matters.

So very true...

It would be great if you could connect the BluOS Node to the soundbar using #1 and #3 so you could do an A/B comparison. 🙂

8 minutes ago, ken6432 said:

#1 is the only output option that uses the Node's digital to analog converters which will most likely be of higher quality than the DACs in the soundbar (I don't know what chips/circuitry the soundbar uses, so that may be a bad assumption). 

Klipsch doesn't provide detailed specs for the Cinema soundbars so it's impossible to know just what they do. The various modes that you can select alter the soundscape in propriety ways and we don't even know if that processing is done in the digital or analog domain so it's even possible that the soundbar's analog input is converted to the digital domain to enable audio processing.

Have you confirmed that #1 actually provides variable audio output?

12 minutes ago, KevinB said:

So very true...

It would be great if you could connect the BluOS Node to the soundbar using #1 and #3 so you could do an A/B comparison. 🙂

Klipsch doesn't provide detailed specs for the Cinema soundbars so it's impossible to know just what they do. The various modes that you can select alter the soundscape in propriety ways and we don't even know if that processing is done in the digital or analog domain so it's even possible that the soundbar's analog input is converted to the digital domain to enable audio processing.

Have you confirmed that #1 actually provides variable audio output?

Yes, it will do variable and fixed output.  Neither is high enough output in this case.  Your comment on the soundbar possibly converting to digital is a good one.  I know of other devices that do switch their analog input to digital before processing the signal.  Very counterintuitive, but it is done sometimes.

4 minutes ago, ken6432 said:

Yes, it will do variable and fixed output.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps a small preamp connecting #1 to the soundbar, if you really want to use #1.

You appear to appreciate all the issues and have a workaround, albeit not your preferred solution. Please let us know what you decide.

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, KevinB said:

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps a small preamp connecting #1 to the soundbar, if you really want to use #1.

You appear to appreciate all the issues and have a workaround, albeit not your preferred solution. Please let us know what you decide.

Good luck!

I think I'll just stick with the digital connection for now.  I can do my more critical listening on my devoted 2 channel setup.  This is more for providing background music.  Thanks again for your input!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everybody,

in these days i was thinking to buy a 1200 Soundbar.

Looking for information, specs, reviews...I finally see this site and I am quite concerning about the issues  I have read.

I would buy my unit here, in Spain. I feel worried about all I have read. Thinking twice if it is a good idea.

I love Klipsch, I have other products (The Three, The Sixes) and they are perfect.

But all of these messages I saw about disconnections, restart needed,...uf.

Are there good news ? 

Thank you !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoCarlos said:

Hi everybody,

in these days i was thinking to buy a 1200 Soundbar.

Looking for information, specs, reviews...I finally see this site and I am quite concerning about the issues  I have read.

I would buy my unit here, in Spain. I feel worried about all I have read. Thinking twice if it is a good idea.

I love Klipsch, I have other products (The Three, The Sixes) and they are perfect.

Are there good news ? 

Thank you !!!

The sound is great, in my opinion.  The issue with needing to unplug it to kinda reboot it when it disconnects is a real pain.  They just pushed out a software update that implies you can reset it with the buttons now and not have to unplug it, though.  That should help if it works.  Mine has not disconnected since that update, so I can't say if that work around works or not.  Hopefully, they have just solved the problem of the disconnects.

With all that, I'm not sure I can recommend getting one at this point.  I remain hopeful that they finally fix the problem, but it's been out there for some time.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2024 at 6:07 PM, ken6432 said:

The sound is great, in my opinion.  The issue with needing to unplug it to kinda reboot it when it disconnects is a real pain.  They just pushed out a software update that implies you can reset it with the buttons now and not have to unplug it, though.  That should help if it works.  Mine has not disconnected since that update, so I can't say if that work around works or not.  Hopefully, they have just solved the problem of the disconnects.

With all that, I'm not sure I can recommend getting one at this point.  I remain hopeful that they finally fix the problem, but it's been out there for some time.

Thak you for you comments.  It's difficult for me to understand that such a common, and I suppose easy to solve,  issue is not fixed yet.

Again, Thank you !

On 1/5/2024 at 8:25 AM, YoCarlos said:

Are there good news ? 

The best news I've heard is that they have finally been discontinued.🙂

the issues can be resolved by calling tech support  , now mind you  , the problems posted on the forum are always super amplified while  they may only be user related issues  ,  

put it this way ,  a handful of complaints is nothing ,  there are 1000's of  sales , all are backed by returns for refunds and a warranty  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YoCarlos said:

do you mean that Klipsch has discontinued the SoundBar 1200 product ? 

When Klipsch decides to do a major upgrade to products like the BAR series and Cinema series soundbar they do it by introducing a new product. Prior to introducing a new product it is a common practice for manufacturers to discontinue an existing product and sometimes significantly reduce the price to clear out existing inventory.

I have not seen any official notice from Klipsch stating that Cinema soundbar models are being discontinued but I do see a number of indications that lead me to believe that is indeed the case.

• There are only a few Cinema models still on the Klipsch website available for purchase.
  • Some retailers have told customers that (some of) the Cinema series soundbars are being discontinued.
  • The price of the Cinema soundbars has been reduced significantly.

I have not heard of any announcements from Klipsch about new soundbars to replace the Cinema series but this article suggests they are coming.

Klipsch and Onkyo joined forces for a soundbar — and it sounds awesome

52 minutes ago, KevinB said:

When Klipsch decides to do a major upgrade to products like the BAR series and Cinema series soundbar they do it by introducing a new product. Prior to introducing a new product it is a common practice for manufacturers to discontinue an existing product and sometimes significantly reduce the price to clear out existing inventory.

I have not seen any official notice from Klipsch stating that Cinema soundbar models are being discontinued but I do see a number of indications that lead me to believe that is indeed the case.

• There are only a few Cinema models still on the Klipsch website available for purchase.
  • Some retailers have told customers that (some of) the Cinema series soundbars are being discontinued.
  • The price of the Cinema soundbars has been reduced significantly.

I have not heard of any announcements from Klipsch about new soundbars to replace the Cinema series but this article suggests they are coming.

Klipsch and Onkyo joined forces for a soundbar — and it sounds awesome

Thank you Kevin.

Makes sense what you are saying.

Here in Spain te best price, special offer, is 1200€. I am no quite sure if it is so special, reading another prices someone mentioned in this site.