Yuck-O-Rama

thebes

Flipping through the channels last night and I in-advisedly stopped at this program special:

The Queen Family Singalong
ABC, 8pm

This fourth installment of the Singalong franchise is hosted by Darren Criss and features celebrities belting out an hour of hits from the legendary rock band Queen in honor of the group’s 50th anniversary, and inviting home audiences to sing along. Among the performances are “The Show Must Go On” by Adam Lambert, “Another One Bites the Dust” by Derek Hough featuring Alexander Jean, “Under Pressure” by Fall Out Boy, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Jimmie Allen featuring Miss Piggy, “We Will Rock You” by JoJo Siwa and Orianthi, “We Are the Champions” by OneRepublic, “Somebody to Love” by Pentatonix and “Don’t Stop Me Now” by cast members of Broadway’s The Lion King and Aladdin.

I was soon mesmerized by this spectacle. The talent was beyond mediocre, the  staging was abysmal and despite the weird costumes of some of the performers, there was absolutely no mention of Freddie's sexual orientation, probably so Christian parents would let thier kids watch it.

Now I'm going to have to forgo listening to Queen for quite awhile, until my sketchy memory washes this assault on music from my mind.

Saw the ads but did not partake.  I am compelled to reply since no Thebes thread should die naked, his threads anyway---well yes double entendre about threads, man, and apparently most could resist talking about threads vis a vis Thebes, but discretion isn't always the better part of valor.  I have heard that Thebes is dynamite with a laser beam, so don't tase us bro.  At any rate, I have good intel that he never wore a Sears poncho, despite his cosmik debris.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:57 AM, thebes said:

Flipping through the channels last night and I in-advisedly stopped at this program special:

ABC, 8pm

This fourth installment of the Singalong franchise is hosted by Darren Criss and features celebrities belting out an hour of hits from the legendary rock band Queen in honor of the group’s 50th anniversary, and inviting home audiences to sing along. Among the performances are “The Show Must Go On” by Adam Lambert, “Another One Bites the Dust” by Derek Hough featuring Alexander Jean, “Under Pressure” by Fall Out Boy, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Jimmie Allen featuring Miss Piggy, “We Will Rock You” by JoJo Siwa and Orianthi, “We Are the Champions” by OneRepublic, “Somebody to Love” by Pentatonix and “Don’t Stop Me Now” by cast members of Broadway’s The Lion King and Aladdin.

I was soon mesmerized by this spectacle. The talent was beyond mediocre, the  staging was abysmal and despite the weird costumes of some of the performers, there was absolutely no mention of Freddie's sexual orientation, probably so Christian parents would let thier kids watch it.

Now I'm going to have to forgo listening to Queen for quite awhile, until my sketchy memory washes this assault on music from my mind.

Sounds like you're in need of a little Yoko Ono vinyl on your rig. That'll flog out your ears and bring'em back to normal.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:57 AM, thebes said:

ABC, 8pm

I watched it....😔

It sucked.

Dear Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for breathing life back into a post with only one trenchant, Thebesonian, sentence. Granted. sometimes, I have been known to complain, whine, and otherwise pound my feet on the floor while spinning in a circle, for perceived injustice in the firmament which has only a passing resemblance to a legitimate complaint.

However, Queen was fun, original, entertaining, great beats, wondrous vocals and usually a catchy line or two or three. To have their uniqueness manhandled by a bunch of low-level commercial, talentless wanna-bees, is almost to much to bear.  I have contacted certain individuals from along ago phase when I was a well known bad actor, and have put certain er, um contracts into place which should resolve things so this assault of the senses will not occur again, while providing some much needed work for my local mortuary.

I agree.  The promos were awful and off putting.  But don’t go by my ability to judge the success of network TV.  When I first saw promos for The Masked Singer, I thought network TV had found bottom.  I was so wrong.  Not only was TMS, apparently, successful, it spun off even more absurd variants.

Next they’ll have a family singalong featuring the music of The Sex Pistols.