SINGLE LASCALA FOR SALE

Ryklipsch

The K-43 woofer is actually $300 vs. $100 for the K-33 but that would hardly justify a $1200 price tag. The speaker is built identically internally with maybe some reinforcement to the outer portion of the cabinet. His does not even have the aluminum reinforced edges that came with some of the Pro versions. Nonetheless, they do cost more than an averaage pair but certainly no where near double the cost. In addition, having the K-43 in it will actually rob some of the low end output in favor of more power handling or so I have read and heard. I got my beautiful Oak Clear/w cane grill Belle Klipsch in very nice shape for $1100 the pair, plus I just picked up a nice single La Scala in plain birch in very good shape for $300. Bottom line I think $1200 is a little much, hey you never know someone may buy it, good luck though!

Ry,

I don't exactly have your 22 years of expertise at SELLING pre-owned LaScalas(at astronomically RIDICULOUS prices, BTW), BUT I definitely DO have over SEVEN years' expertise in BUILDING the damned things at KLIPSCH...and the only friggen difference between an Industrial LaScala and a standard LaScala is its WOOFER driver(which can handle much more abusive wattage than the standard K-33,thereby providing more DECIBELS, but at a price of not having as LOW of a bottom-end response), it's CROSSOVER NETWORK with PROTECTIVE circuitry for its TWEETER, and the finish and trim available. There is ABSOLUTELY NO difference in the rest of the speaker INCLUDING the DOGHOUSE(which, by the way, is NOT the BASS BIN, but is the section WITHIN the BASS BIN! AND, even if they DID ever make the doghouse larger, it would NOT add any more bottom-end response to the speaker, since it would require a COMPLETE REDESIGN and ENLARGEMENT of the ENTIRE bass bin to do so!!). As a matter of fact, yours, since it has had its outside edges rounded over, was likely one of the standard cabinets with a flaw in its edge somewhere, that was ROUNDED over, shot with black and sent out the door as an industrial model, since its cabinet could be utilized no other way(a common practice in use at the plant). The more EXPENSIVE Industrial LaScala models came with the STEEL corners and aluminum edge trim....and with the cabinet's sides, rear, and top FIBERGLASSED and then the whole speaker painted black, before installation of the metal trim....with the logo SILK-SCREENED on the front instead of using a decal. But, HEY!, what the hell do I know about them??? I just built them for over seven years!! LOL! Good luck in your endeavor to sell it!