MEH Synergy

16 minutes ago, methylenedioxymethamphetam said:

My avatar name change was just a social experiment for fun.

Haha; now I understand :) 

Thanks for the detailed pics on the HF bracket. Finally understand ho to rig up my new JBL 2384 horns :) BTW, how would you compare these to K510's (as I believe you have a set of those also)..

Thanks, Emile

PS: GLWS; worth every penny. You may want to add what drivers are in the HF section.

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Haha; now I understand :) 

Thanks for the detailed pics on the HF bracket. Finally understand ho to rig up my new JBL 2484 horns :) BTW, how would you compare these to K510's (as I believe you have a set of those also)..

Thanks, Emile

PS: GLWS; worth every penny. You may want to add what drivers are in the HF section.

The 510s were great BUT only at higher volumes (too loud for daily listening) in my 396s. At reasonable to low levels, they needed significant HF boost otherwise they sounded like less and completely lacking detail to my ears.  They jbls are completely opposite.   Very detailed at any volume, crystal clear and just the right amount of top end sparkle for my liking.  The soundstage and vocals are massive on these JBLs.  They sound as they look, large and true to life.   Had I not I upgraded on my purchase, these would be going anywhere. They make the Cornwalls I am selling sound like small bookshelf speakers in comparison if that tells you my thoughts?  Not a fair comparison whatsoever. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, methylenedioxymethamphetam said:

Not a fair comparison whatsoever. 

Thanks; great to hear :)  Had several responses to my question, but (as this is a Klipsch forum) the usual response was "cannot beat K510's. :) Looking forward to setting up my JBL HF section :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Emile said:

Thanks; great to hear :)  Had several responses to my question, but (as this is a Klipsch forum) the usual response was "cannot beat K510's. :) Looking forward to setting up my JBL HF section :) 

Cheers, Emile

I really enjoyed it and Im hoping it ends your quest. You are on the journey I was on. Making the maximum pit of a small space. I don't have the same issue anymore room wise. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, methylenedioxymethamphetam said:

The 510s were great BUT only at higher volumes (too loud for daily listening) in my 396s. At reasonable to low levels, they needed significant HF boost otherwise they sounded like less and completely lacking detail to my ears.  

That's interesting to hear about the 396's but I don't believe the 510 horns are the culprit. I have 510's with the k-69a's as mids in my 335's and they are very detailed and revealing at low volumes but they do have the help of a tweeter. I wonder if its in the crossover design of the 396 being more geared for higher output? I have noticed a few people have purchased 396's and give them all sorts of praise only to turn them within a few months.. 

• Like 1

As I have been asked this question a few times, I'll answer it publicly.  YES. I can and will ship these SAFELY using USHIP.  Picked up and delivered by hand. They will arrive safely, have done this many times on this forum here with large klipsch Pro gear I sold. No issues reported. 

No BS these are killer speakers. It's why I have owned so many klipsch speakers and only this one pair of JBLs.  You are telling me what I listen to almost daily in your post. Enjoy. The bass bins are killer too. Very robust, braced cabinets. Non resonant compared to say a Cornwall.  

• Like 1