SOLD Onkyo TX-RZ810, $1, NO shipping, Tampa Bay

Emile

OK; had some problems with this Onkyo TX-RZ810 :(  See 

So; temporarily replaced it with a Yamaha RX-V673 (local buy for $80) till I decide on my "next" AVR.

Had problems with sub pre-out. Haha; maybe OK since the Yammie really did not solve the problem :( 

Note, L/R/C work just fine. Had a problem connecting surround speakers from "speaker-outs."  NO clue as they started working just FINE - maybe I did not follow the setup instructions correctly.

Also never got "zone-3" to work ... maybe (again) operator error.

Really nice unit ... has 8 HDMI inputs (+1 up front). Initially we thought it might be the Onkyo HDMI board problem, but 99% sure the board is fine :) 

Just tired of fu**ing with it :) Maybe the next person will have more luck :) 

Comes with remote and power cord. Sorry; no clue where the mic is - will look for it :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

if you are willing to ship

Let me sleep on it ... don't have a box :(  and due to its weight it requires some major packing :(  But ... you are one of the good guys here :) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

I can be ready to ship you a proper box with foam inserts

OK; how can I refuse :)  If it is more than say $20 to ship the box, let me know as I can get boxes and foam panels from the Home Depot :)  Also, can ship "direct," but if you have a UPS account it maybe cheaper :) 

• Like 1

• Emile changed the title to SOLD Onkyo TX-RZ810, $1, NO shipping, Tampa Bay
20 minutes ago, babadono said:

what the f was the problem?

Actually, who knows? :)  Yes, "loose nut" and many pilot errors with modes not compatible with CD/DVD's. All-channel stereo seems to be the only thing that works :( Will "play" more with that.

But did determine that the HDMI passthrough to zone-2 pre-out is BAD. Spend a day and a half on that :( So; switched to "zone-3," which of course ( :( ) does NOT take HDMI inputs. Therefore just using an RCA cable from my Oppo to the AVR. Haha, probably would have been easier just to go Oppo to preamp/Crown/KPT-904's (which I did try just to make sure the big speakers worked) :) 

Yes, still shopping for a new AVR. Looked at many, including a Yamaha RX-A2A ... Jeez; even that one does NOT pass-through HDMI to pre-out. :( $1000 and NO GO :( May have to live with this one or go high-end Marantz - but hate that little porthole :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Playing CD while troubleshooting for subwoofer sound. Common error.

Boring times...think I'll start a youtube music thread.

Haha, please do as I am now totally confused :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

@Emile @Khornukopia so what the f was the problem? Perspiring minds want to know. Loose nut behind the wheel? Pilot error? cold solder joint?

The Zone 2 and Zone 3 signal paths have several stipulations about inputs and signal types and sequences of button pressing operations. Functions can accidentally be disabled without realizing how or why.

• Like 2