Jubilee thd @ 115db/1 meter ?

Camplo

4 hours ago, Islander said:

As for that JubScala thing, I thought we had settled that years ago, then you decided to start flogging that dead horse again.

Only because you insist on being wrong by posting it here in other threads. Besides most of your posts a quite good, so I have to pick on you about something! The JS thing is easy and fun. Why so serious?

Really, I'm tired of this foolishness.  Can you not stay fixated on what other members (not just me) call a certain speaker combination?  That's all there is to it, and it's really pointless.

It's not pointless. Fact is the Jubilees in any form are Bass Horns, period. So is a LaScala and it has a different name defined by the bass horn also. You are the one that keeps using the misnomer while I'm the one pointing out the truth. Either way it's a relatively harmless activity for banter.

4 hours ago, Camplo said:

The design isnt super complicated... its smart rather, or clever... but not rocket science, if you are familiar with loudspeaker design.... big if lol

Easy to say for someone who has never actually designed a bass horn.

• Like 1

They may sound great, but practically the only Klipsch parts on those speakers are the cabinets and the badges.

Not true. They use all Klipsch parts (K-42), same mids, same Xovers, and same tweeters if one doesn't upgrade those. I just use the same port size as a HIP and quieted down the horns by 6 db for home use.

Coming from there, how can you call an approved speaker combination that uses all Klipsch parts falsely labelled, when you use your own labels on non-Klipsch speakers?

I never used my own labels, I only added the "Super" because of the way it sounded and with better super tweeters than 60 year old ones. Even Klipsch has upgraded all their tweeters now. If I was wrong, why did they change them too?

Really, I'm tired of this foolishness.  Can you not stay fixated on what other members (not just me) call a certain speaker combination?  That's all there is to it, and it's really pointless.

Other members don't seem to use wrong names for Klipsch products, so if you will identify them, I'll be glad to tell them the same thing and straighten them out too, so you won't feel I'm singling you out anymore.

1 hour ago, Camplo said:

Are you guys serious....did I not quote the person I was talking to? wow
As for a speaker copy consortium...I wouldn't go that far....More like a bunch of cooks who analyze other cooks recipes.....replace cook, with loud speaker engineer....whether hobby or pro.....I take it you don't study loudspeaker design? its very fascinating if you are into science and love loudspeakers....

It's always difficult to draw accurate conclusion when you are the new kid on the Klipsch block without enough time to get to know who you are talking to. You can't have Long Conclusions based on Short Exposure. Conversely we are all able to see clearly where you are coming from whether we here agree or not because we also only have Short Exposure with your being new. You gotta work you way into this without a "guns blazing" kind of attitude. Oui or non?

6 hours ago, Islander said:

Since those tweeters were used on the Jubilee, that makes them Jubilee tweeters, right?  So when someone calls a La Scala with a Jubilee tweeter a JubScala, that seems accurate.

Theater Jubilees came with different horns. The originals wood treble horns I saw in 1999, the ones at PWK's house had a 503, a guy from Michigan won a pair with K-510's and B&C DE-750 drivers and passive networks(I was there in 2007 when he got them), another pair in the room had K-402's, others with K510's with mumps, a Klipsch Pro dealer in NC had 2 different horns on his Klipsch Golden Jubilees including Tractrix and another Non-Klipsch on top. The common denominator which is TRUE for all of them is the BASS BIN that makes it a Jubilee.

I actually liked the sound of LaScala Bass Bins with the K-402, I was there for that demos also. The only reason I can think of that Roy doesn't object is that the name "JubScala" still remains Promotional of the Name for Klipsch the company, even when applied to the wrong product. But that's his decision, not mine.

IMG_0661.JPG

1 hour ago, Tom05 said:

If you really want the data ,then test them yourself, only you can reliably capture it ,and only you can verify  that  the same calibrated test equipment was used for both speakers including microphone  ,  location  exactly the same , test procedure exactly the same , all test variables exactly the same . Data from another source would be highly unreliable, only you can verify  that your test procedure was fully followed. Unfortunately  any test data that  you would receive would likely be of questionable value and not  very useful for direct comparison to other tests  done elsewhere , good reliable test results require scientific controls . Let’s face it speaker specs are notoriously unreliable.Test it your self , report your findings.🤓

Yeah thats an exaggeration of the truth...

37 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Easy to say for someone who has never actually designed a bass horn.

If you study loudspeaker design long enough you'd see where I am comin from....that is all.

Simulation is the next best thing...saves a lot time and money too....I have designed bass horns in the digital realm. The same place most manufacturers start their designs as well....

Edited by Camplo

41 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I wasn't questioning the accuracy of your post, just your telling him to go away just because he asked for data. Obviously he tried more than once to justify his ask. But clearly the answer is NO, or just wait until someone does it next year somewhere else, right?

As you said yourself, he needs to learn to take No for an answer.  Certainly, most of us have asked other members for information from time to time.  However, this was a bit different, in that the poster wasn’t asking for data that was available.  Instead, he wanted a Heritage Jubilee owner to get the necessary gear and perform the test, a test that you yourself called “not very practical”.

When he got a clear No for an answer, he went on, claiming that Klipsch was somehow acting in bad faith by not releasing this data.  Since this theoretical test either was not ever performed, or if it was, Roy chose not to share the results, as is his prerogative, so his request was denied.

So our intrepid quester for truth kept on and on, getting steadily more obnoxious.

Do I really have to rehash this until you’re satisfied?  I really have better things to do.

55 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

If you are trying to assess a full on 125 db curve you are not talking about "Transients." 

As the OP says I asked for 1m/115db.... but trainsients and headroom room is only relevant to the Average level.....And spl decreases over distance.......So its also a matter of a persons desired listening distance and average spl.....I can enjoy listening to 90db range and that easily puts transients 10-20db above that.....if that was at 1m and then I move back to 4m, the spl needed to reach 90db at 4m increase significantly as far as what that spl/distance looks like at 1m....

without context..."home" could mean many things.....

50 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Only because you insist on being wrong by posting it here in other threads. Besides most of your posts a quite good, so I have to pick on you about something! The JS thing is easy and fun. Why so serious?

Look, a joke is funny once, then it’s not funny, then it’s annoying.  Why choose to be annoying?  It doesn’t make you any friends.

one of the Forums rules is likely, not derailing a thread.... If you guys can't try to stay on topic and try to add meaningful content to this thread...a moderator will have to correct you. 😃 

if you don't have measurements to show or discussion surrounding  measurements....I am talking to you lol

In other words...if you are not a fan of the Topic of this thread....measurements...Good bye lol....No one is going force you to view my thread...walk away....vamoose rofl!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

It's not pointless. Fact is the Jubilees in any form are Bass Horns, period. So is a LaScala and it has a different name defined by the bass horn also. You are the one that keeps using the misnomer while I'm the one pointing out the truth. Either way it's a relatively harmless activity for banter.

Have you not seen terms like “Jubelle” also frequently used here?  How about “CornScala”?  You seem to be the only person who has an issue wth this, but I’m not the only person with JubScalas or Jubelles.  Hybrid speakers are nothing new here, and their names are the ones that describe them simply and are understood by everyone.  The rare thing about the JubScala is that it was actually put together by Roy, who may start to regret if if this carry-on continues.

If this is your way of throwing spitballs at the guy at the next desk, have you not had enough yet?  It’s petty and pointless, and now it’s tiresome as well.  We’re not in Grade Six anymore.