Jubilee thd @ 115db/1 meter ?

Camplo

1 hour ago, Camplo said:

If you study loudspeaker design long enough you'd see where I am comin from....that is all.

Simulation is the next best thing...saves a lot time and money too....I have designed bass horns in the digital realm. The same place most manufacturers start their designs as well....

OK, I stand corrected on my assumptions based on limited data. But simulation is not the same as building. I have done both. Also, while simulation get you in the ballpark, there's not getting around SOME sawdust, iteration of prototype tweaks, corrections to the simulation model, and the hardest of all going to PRODUCTION, which a guy like you has the privilege of bypassing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Islander said:

Okay, I stand corrected.  I’m sure your Super Heresys sound great, and if you want to call them that, a name that you appear to have created yourself, it’s fine with me.  I have no problem with that.  I don’t want to get into trading insults, because that can escalate to a point of rudeness that neither party wants.  Can we at least agree on that?

No problem at all. Peace be with you, fellow Klipshead!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

As you said yourself, he needs to learn to take No for an answer.  Certainly, most of us have asked other members for information from time to time.  However, this was a bit different, in that the poster wasn’t asking for data that was available.  Instead, he wanted a Heritage Jubilee owner to get the necessary gear and perform the test, a test that you yourself called “not very practical”.

When he got a clear No for an answer, he went on, claiming that Klipsch was somehow acting in bad faith by not releasing this data.  Since this theoretical test either was not ever performed, or if it was, Roy chose not to share the results, as is his prerogative, so his request was denied.

So our intrepid quester for truth kept on and on, getting steadily more obnoxious.

Do I really have to rehash this until you’re satisfied?  I really have better things to do.

On this, I totally agree with you. My original response happened before things got worse, in my defense, but yeah it's all there.

7 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

Yea but your referring to your simulations , I wouldn’t have any confidence in those , lol giggle giggle

Sounds like you don't have much going for yourself....I mean what else would someone like you be doing, besides trolling me.... I'm some random person on the internet, whats your interest in me....nothing else better to do is my bet. Probably for a long time now lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

OK, I stand corrected on my assumptions based on limited data. But simulation is not the same as building. I have done both. Also, while simulation get you in the ballpark, there's not getting around SOME sawdust, iteration of prototype tweaks, and the hardest of all going to PRODUCTION, which a guy like you has the privilege of bypassing.

once again, we agree....

Remember, all I asked for was does anyone have some THD measurements of the 2nd gen Jubilee lol! All hell broke loose lol

• Haha 1

Okay, somebody has to ask, so it might as well be me.  Mister Camplo, how old are you?  Have you had a complete sound system, or is it a work in progress that seems to be stalled?  Your cabinets look intriguing.  Why are you wasting time here asking, not just for measurements, but for specific tests to be performed at “stupid loud volume”, as another member put it?

Why don’t you finish putting your system together, so you can take the measurements you want, and even share them here, if anyone requests them?  It would be a good thing to do, and you’d be listening to your wonderful speakers that you have apparently developed yourself.

When you get that done, you can post a sample of how it sounds on YouTube, and then all of us can enjoy how they look, and hear, as much as is possible with YT sound, how fine your design sounds.  Doesn’t that sound like a good idea?

13 hours ago, Islander said:

Wow, that’s some interesting logic.  You modded a Heresy, or quite a few Heresys, and then felt that they were sufficiently improved over the Klipsch version that they deserved a new name, the Super Heresy.

Then, since Klipsch eventually upgraded the Heresy tweeters, you make it sound like Klipsch finally caught up with the guy at the vanguard of Heresy development.  That would be you, who’s apparently got so much credibility that you hardly know what to do with it.  Fine.  Whatever.  Just realize that you’re living in a glass house.

And by the way, what’s the deal with the Kappalite woofers?  Do they address a long-standing deficiency that only Claude J1 can solve?

I'm glad you find it interesting. I only wanted to share the joy of the results of something that worked surprisingly well, nothing more. Since I used a 45 year old Heresy Box (the woofer section determines the name, remember?). I wasn't trying to get the name to sound like anything, but since the only non-Klipsch components I added (besides the capacitors), were the Super Tweeters, it was an accurate addendum to the Klipsch name. What else should I have logically called it?

Also I did not "share the joy" until they were built, curved, and listened to with Roy's favorite test music before I told everyone. Besides, Jim Jimbo was the one who got my originals and propagated the mod's existence without my help.

I don't understand what you mean about the Kappalite woofers. They are expensive, but they have slightly higher output, greater Xmax, take less of the precious cabinet volume to let you squeeze maybe 1/2 db more output and maybe 1 more Hz. on the bottom, and work well in that box. All of the promotional aspects were based on everyone's success with them, so I'm happy about that as anyone would be. The modders have to decide whether the extra money is worth it over the ones with big magnets.

Also my house is Brick, not glass. I have done nothing but try to help people on this forum the entire time I've been here.

This has been fun, but in all candor I’ll second ClaudeJ1 and Islander and suggest if you plan on spending any time here and want some of the [usually] freely given information that you back out of the room and come back in with the volume at about a “5.” Otherwise I don’t think you'll get much more than trolling in return until you get the cricket treatment. It's your call.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm glad you find it interesting. I only wanted to share the joy of the results, nothing more. Since I used a 45 year old Heresy Box (the woofer section determines the name, remember?). I wasn't trying to get the name to sound like anything, but since the only non-Klipsch component I added (besides the capacitors), the Super Tweeters was an accurate addendum to the Klipsch name. What else should I have called it?

Also I did not "share the joy" until they were built, curved, and listened to with Roy's favorite test music before I told everyone. Besides, Jim Jimbo was the one who got my originals and propagated the mod's existence without my help.

I don't understand what you mean about the Kappalite woofers. They are expensive, but they have slightly higher output, greater Xmax, take less of the precious cabinet volume to let you squeeze maybe 1/2 db more output and maybe 1 more Hz. on the bottom, and work well in that box. All of the promotional aspects were based on everyone's success with them, so I'm happy about that as anyone would be. The modders have to decide whether the extra money is worth it over the ones with big magnets.

So are the Kappalite woofers part of the complete Super Heresy package, or is it the K-42 woofer?  In any case, the Kappalite woofers are not Klipsch parts, right?

I’m not trolling, I just want to get it straight.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Islander said:

specific tests to be performed at “stupid loud volume”

a sine sweep at 115db is pretty loud, I'd recommend using hearing protection or just do it outside....The Jubilee is rated over 120db max so its shouldn't be a struggle for it. THD readings are a common performance rating....thd at 115db/1m is a good metric to rate a top shelf high efficiency design.  I think we established that you are on the customer side not so much the design side of things.... You may not find such measurements interesting, entertaining, or relevant....and thats ok lol!

Me "buy this truck!"
You "ho
w fast is it?"
Me "really fast, just trust me"
You "I really like you and other people do to.....I'll just take your word for it....How much for the truck?"

Me "1million dollars"

You " well it must be good if it cost that much.....I'll save up my money  but in the mean time could you please share how fast the truck is?.....Like whats its 0to 60 time, 1million is a lot to give someone without seeing some detailed data!!!!"

Me "Sorry I can't share that.....just give me 1million dollars and then you can test it yourself! I can have someone drive by us so you can see how fast it is but we can't let you know the actual speed ok?"
You "ok!"

Lol!!!!

45 minutes ago, Islander said:

From all I’ve heard, the Jubilee bass bin is an amazing piece of audio engineering.  You personally have had a pair on two separate occasions that I can think of, but you didn’t keep them.  I guess you weren’t all that impressed with them after all. 

Not true I had Klipshorns on 2 occasions. I just upgraded the finish on the second pair (Birch to Walnut). I actually sold my Walnut ones to the guy I bought the Jube Clones from and they were Gorgeous as well as sounding good .

Also, I learned that double 12" woofers have an Sd like an 18" driver with 2 motors, which is why the Jube has such low distortion. 

The main reason for the sale (an offer was hard to refuse) needed the room for my HT in a small living room and the money for more subwoofers. So I got smaller horns and sold the Jubilee Clones, which not only sounded great with TAD drivers and Roy's settings, and I didn't need a subwoofer with the 32 Hz. bass boost. So I never had an issue with the sound or measurements in my room.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Islander said:

So are the Kappalite woofers part of the complete Super Heresy package, or is it the K-42 woofer?  In any case, the Kappalite woofers are not Klipsch parts, right?

I’m not trolling, I just want to get it straight.

No problem. I discovered those with simulation and they were a very small improvement over the K-42 by Eminence (the Kappa Pro 12a with a Klipsch label). For some people, they are not worth the extra money and diminishing returns, but they came with the v 2.0 that also had DaveA's tweeters, which are also an improvement over the original 1.0, so I still let people decide how far they want to go with the mods.

There's a speak builder from Iran who was on this forum briefly that asked why I didn't build a bigger box. My answer was because it's not an easy mod to a Heresy Box anymore, where you basically do a woofer swap and add a hole in the back. I have designed a few "double size" boxes too, which I don't talk about here because they are not Klipsch, although all the parts are from Eminence.

1 hour ago, Khornukopia said:

The acoustic output measurements of your bass cabinets in your picture.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore this post... I've been too lazy to drag my woofers into the back yard but I will eventually and I'll share them. No biggie right? Theres another valid measurement we could do to compare woofers... measurements taken with a few inches of the the source... kinda hard to do with the jubilee and its dual mouths. Ill still take what I can get... If I take a close up measurements any particular level you lookin for? 

5 hours ago, Camplo said:

Are you guys serious....did I not quote the person I was talking to? wow
As for a speaker copy consortium...I wouldn't go that far....More like a bunch of cooks who analyze other cooks recipes.....replace cook, with loud speaker engineer....whether hobby or pro.....I take it you don't study loudspeaker design? its very fascinating if you are into science and love loudspeakers....

Eggplant parmesan?

Edited by billybob

48 minutes ago, Camplo said:

a sine sweep at 115db is pretty loud, I'd recommend using hearing protection or just do it outside....The Jubilee is rated over 120db max so its shouldn't be a struggle for it. THD readings are a common performance rating....thd at 115db/1m is a good metric to rate a top shelf high efficiency design.  I think we established that you are on the customer side not so much the design side of things.... You may not find such measurements interesting, entertaining, or relevant....and thats ok lol!

Me "buy this truck!"
You "ho
w fast is it?"
Me "really fast, just trust me"
You "I really like you and other people do to.....I'll just take your word for it....How much for the truck?"

Me "1million dollars"

You " well it must be good if it cost that much.....I'll save up my money  but in the mean time could you please share how fast the truck is?.....Like whats its 0to 60 time, 1million is a lot to give someone without seeing some detailed data!!!!"

Me "Sorry I can't share that.....just give me 1million dollars and then you can test it yourself! I can have someone drive by us so you can see how fast it is but we can't let you know the actual speed ok?"
You "ok!"

Lol!!!!

Just do it outside?  These are speakers that weigh around 400 pounds each, and were brought from the garage to the living room by piano movers.  So no, taking the measurement that you keep asking for is not the trivial thing you seem to think it is.

For an automotive analogy, imagine someone has a fast and expensive car, a McLaren for example, and he belongs to a car club.  Along comes new club member Mister Camplo, who asks him, “Could you take your car for a dyno run, and get the vibration figures at 8000 rpm?  That’s not too much to ask, is it?  I’m really curious to know what that engine is like for NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness). If it’s not too much trouble.”  And all this from someone who does not have a million dollars and has no intention of buying this car. He just likes collecting interesting data.

”So you can’t be bothered?  Why not?  Is there some reason?  For that matter, I can’t get the info from McLaren, either.  What are they hiding?  Why can’t I get a simple answer to a simple question?  I don’t know what all the fuss is about.”

That’s how you’re coming across, whether you realize it or not.  Can you see how that might be a problem, and that it could cause problems?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, Camplo said:

9337E0E5-4C24-47B5-8C0A-CBB03D402FBE.thumb.jpeg.a6bfa3cc5667d1104fe7fb72785187d5.jpeg

7CD18AE0-82E5-42D1-A074-A051E1EB3BAA.thumb.jpeg.e482b609f0e49d3bfaab79fc58f4f81e.jpeg

can you tell us more about these speakers and horns , since you posted these pictures , is this your design ?  are you in the USA .... let's take time to speak  of what these speakers can do 

8 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Just the standard.

Thats not "the standard".... its "a standard"... I can try this inside if youd like.... but the measurement will be clouded with the rooms response.....Let me eat my food first lol