Polk Audio PSW650 vs. RSW-15 vs KSW- 15....

krisp_01

The Polk Audio PSW650 has two 10 inch subs coming out of both sides, as like the polk audio the Rsw has two subs coming front and back but are 15 inches each, as opposed to the single woofer KSW-15 which only has one downfireing woofer. Which one of these is the best in your opinion if you have heard them or not. I currently own the ksw15 and think it is nice but could have more bass for music.

The RSW is best. SVS is better. Dual 10's will probably not give you more than your 15 right now. ANd your 15 should put out more than enough bass for music, I would think. BUt if more bass is what you want, then the TSW will deliver, but the SVS will give more, and others like Sunfire, Velodyne, etc. will also give more...

I was just curios of ppl's opinions because i was thinking of spliting the signal on my reiceiver and buying another subwoofer possibly being the RSW-15 because i don't think my KSW-15 gives out enough bass but then again im 19 and I don't think there is ever enough bass on music but even still its not alot of bass without having the music really loud. What I want is alot of Bass with my dance music and i don't think the KSW suffices.....but its alot of money to get a RSW-15 almost $2000 CDN. The question still remains is it worth it?

SVS subs look nice and all except i don't really like the look of the sub cylinders. They also don't look as nice as the RSW-15 in black. my budget would generally be $2500 CDN and down. i want a sub for alot of bass but the bass still won't drown out my music because i can put my music really really loud because im pushing 105 watts into 250 watt speakers adn they barely move.

Yes I am Canadian as you can see from my speakers....paradigm subs are nice but i think paradigm anything is made more for sound quality as opposed to really heavy bass. I pretty sure the RSW-15 is made for sound quality and serious bass otherwise why would it have two 15's....although i would rather not spend about 2 grand CDN to get that much bass with that much quality to it i would rather spend less seeing that i already have a ksw 15 but buying the RSW looks like the best option and maybe sell my ksw or use it for low frequency bass on the other side of the room and the rsw for low and high.

On 1/17/2003 1:21:26 AM michael hurd wrote:

"Krisp_01 : Did you buy your speakers new ?"

michael hurd : Yes I did buy my speakers brand new and have had them for about 1 year and 1/2. I have heard and seen their image 8 series and their pretty nice for music but I have yet to hear their reference series but from what i hear from you and others is that they're very nice but even the reference one series carries the price tag of $1100 a pair according to their website www.speakerdirect.com . I like how speaker direct makes each of their speakers for you once ordered instead of mass producing like other companies such as cerwin-vega, etc.

Krisp_01: The reference one is indeed 1100 a pair, but they do sound sweet. I listened to jazz playing through them in the showroom for about an hour. They were really nice and just let me sit there without interuption. The salesperson was also very patient and answered all my questions. The build quality is awesome, with high quality real wood veneers and 1" thick mdf cabinets which are very heavily braced. Driver selection is top notch with seas and ( I forget who else ).. It would be nice if they were a little more efficient though. The onkyo amplifier was indicating that the average drive level was 5 - 10 watts with peaks of 60 - 70 watts.

"The RSW15 really has only one active 15" woofer, the other 15" is a passive radiator which is more or less just a fancy type of port.

Even so it still has a large cone area."

Actually, a passive radiator has some distinctive advantages over a port. while not quite as efficient, they allow some pressure against the driver giving it the tightness that most active-passive subs have. Also, a single 15 inch with a 2400 watt amp like the RSW-15 has would devestate the polk audio or KSW-15. personally, I feel the polk audio is above the KSW as far as sound quality goes though.