KLF Legend Series original prices

Fleawatt

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Meticulous G said:

Apologies in advance for resurrecting an old/dead post over something so potentially trivial, but I'm brand new here & am curious if there's some rule, or protocol, that kept this from being answered publicly?

No. It's been over 25 years since they've been discontinued so my guess is no one remembers what they sold for. 

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

No. It's been over 25 years since they've been discontinued so my guess is no one remembers what they sold for. 

Hmmm...from the context, it looks like TasDom does & treated it like it's a secret 😅

That's why I ask

I bought my pair of

klf - 10's new, when i was 23 yrs old, at a place in Ithaca NY called Steller Stereo, 1998 after home auditioning the best polks & paradigms I could find ...which were laughably inferior for my needs at the time, aand still would be

Iirc, they were $1100 & change out the door, so I'm figuring $499/piece

(I actually still have the receipt, not sure if it's readable) which would make each step up, about a couple 100 more, I'd say

They were the top model in the shop (aside from the magnetically shielded version, if memory serves which i think added a couple 100,  but i definitely wasn't getting black, after seeing that oak...wish I woulda known about the mahogany,  I woulda swooned)

Had I known about the 20's & 30's...I'm sure I would've gone that route, not that my 10's have ever left me regretting the purchase

I also went back and grabbed my ksw - 15 soon after ($750+tax)

Haha, I actually called the shop like a decade later, asking if they still carried those subs, 'cause I wanted another one & was hoping the price dropped a l'il, 'cause I had kids making me "unrich" by that point

'ANOTHER ONE" the voice on the phone says

"...ohhh, I think I remember you, you're the only person in the history of the shop who asked to hear JUST a sub"

I knew I had to move out of my 1st solo apartment, shortly after

Thanks for prematurely nudging me into renting my 1st single family dwelling PWK

...aand yes, my neighbors on top of the hill were pissed 😁

Edited by Meticulous G

38 minutes ago, OO1 said:

none whatsoever 

Cool, thx...juss wanted to check, before I went all nostalgic & blabbin'

That's a verry fond memory, that one. I'm still only 9ft away from them all as I type & they're VERRY near to being in day 1 condition 

I did have to go right back to the shop with 1 almost immediately, 'cause I blew the basket cover off of 1

...aand I also, near immediately killed the ksw 15, 'cause the braided leads were a l'il too long & the stuff I was listening to was so aggressive with the bass I actually got them to touch & weld to each other. He said I was the only customer to force klipschs back into his shop

He just shortened them up a tad & I never had another problem

Haha, I was actually such an "Ithaca hippie" at the time, I didn't even own a car...I just rented them every weekend, when I went out of town & rode a full suspension mtn bike everywhere local. Moving on top of the hill made me beefcake

I brought those klf's home in the trunk of a cab, 'cause I wouldn't even wait for my buddy to get out of work

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm new to this forum. I have read through a few threads now about the KLF 10,20 and 30s. I am interested in the 20s and 30 and see that they were available as a upgrade in the mahogany. Has anybody seen any of these in the recent past and if so what would the value of these be if they could be located in near original condition. Is this idea of locating a pair of these only the things of legends or has anyone seen some recently

• Like 1

Welcome

14 hours ago, AudioAddict2024 said:

So I'm new to this forum. I have read through a few threads now about the KLF 10,20 and 30s. I am interested in the 20s and 30 and see that they were available as a upgrade in the mahogany. Has anybody seen any of these in the recent past and if so what would the value of these be if they could be located in near original condition. Is this idea of locating a pair of these only the things of legends or has anyone seen some recently

Lots of black but they do come up with veneers often from time to time. Thinking mahogany, not as much.

Craigslist, etc... Welcome @AudioAddict2024

Look at the alerts section and garage sale here for examples of what's out there.

Thanks...

• 2 months later...

I already had a pair of RP 280f's that I was happy with, then a coworker of mine was going to sell his KLF20's, when I told him I would be interested he told me that I could have them. I couldn't believe it.  They are now my mains and the RP 280f's are my rear speakers. 

• Like 1