Best Deal on the Web? RP-160m @ Newegg $195 Shipped

jjptkd

Just hooked up a pair this morning couldn't pass up the great sale price these things sound almost too good to be true I think I could probably fool people into thinking they're the big speakers playing, until you hear those of course! Pair these with the REL HT1205 (in another alert) at $449 and you'd have a pretty killer 2.1 system. 

https://www.newegg.com/klipsch-1060686/p/0S6-0033-001D7?Description=klipsch&cm_re=klipsch-_-0S6-0033-001D7-_-Product&quicklink=true

20230204_082525re.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vader540is said:

Wonder how longer till that sale is over $195 is so cheap. 

Well they quit making them years ago they were replaced by the 600's and now the 600-II's so I imagine once the inventory is depleted they'll just be gone. Last I checked they've already sold almost 300 pairs just on eBay. The speakers do sound very good honestly I could probably get by with them in my room without a sub and be happy, surprising amount of bass out of these little guys. 

5 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Well they quit making them years ago they were replaced by the 600's and now the 600-II's so I imagine once the inventory is depleted they'll just be gone. Last I checked they've already sold almost 300 pairs just on eBay. The speakers do sound very good honestly I could probably get by with them in my room without a sub and be happy, surprising amount of bass out of these little guys. 

Definitely, i enjoy my RP-160M, i bought them probably 4+ years ago in piano black open box special for $325 which was a great deal. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vader540is said:

Definitely, i enjoy my RP-160M, i bought them probably 4+ years ago in piano black open box special for $325 which was a great deal. 

Ah, Piano Black... Don't need them but bargain is tempting.

Klipsch bookshelves tend to sound really great.

• Like 1

This sale expired on Sunday, February 5th and now the price has risen from $195 to $239--admittedly still a very good deal. Thanks to jjptkd for posting this alert. I haven't heard this model Klipsch before, but I still bought 2 pairs at the sale price and sent the speakers to some good friends. It's always fun to convert another music lover to Klipsch!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, triceratops said:

I haven't heard this model Klipsch before, but I still bought 2 pairs at the sale price and sent the speakers to some good friends. It's always fun to convert another music lover to Klipsch!

Nice! Yeah, I bought this pair for a friend but had to try them out first to hear what he was in for and man I have to say I was quite surprised by their performance, I'm sure your friends will be quite happy!

3 hours ago, triceratops said:

This sale expired on Sunday, February 5th and now the price has risen from $195 to $239--admittedly still a very good deal.

I just clicked on the link to the Newegg website and they're still at $195 free shipping. 

16 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I just clicked on the link to the Newegg website and they're still at $195 free shipping. 

You're right, they changed back again! They were the higher price yesterday, but they must have decided to restart the sale. According to the Newegg website, it's their biggest selling speaker!

• Like 1