best Klipsch wide dispersion corner speaker

Got_Horns

Hello, years ago I picked up a pair of the Klipsch triangle 📐 speakers.  I don't remember what the model was. Ss1? Ran them on a 15 watt China amp. In my basement shop.  I was blown away on how well they filled the space, on such low wattage. 

I had to sell them during a move and now trying to replace them.  But there are so many models of these....

What are the top tier of these type speakers?  I have klf 20s for fronts.  These would be rear or back rear. 

Thanks for any advice 😉

Edited by Got_Horns
me Grammer sux

The Klipschorn is triangle (really shaped more like a home plate in baseball). That's the top end, unless you get the Klipsch Jubilee.

The khorns are avIlabld on the used marker, the Jubilee is new.

The khorns should be your fronts...

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The Klipschorn is triangle (really shaped more like a home plate in baseball). That's the top end, unless you get the Klipsch Jubilee.

The khorns are avIlabld on the used marker, the Jubilee is new.

The khorns should be your fronts...

I think he is referring to one of their RF surround speakers that are kind of a triangle. 

• Thanks 1

If it is Klipsch wide dispersion surround speakers under discussion here and if they were current product at around the same time as the Legend (KLF) Series, then my guess is that they were KSP-S6 (https://www.klipsch.com/products/ksp-s6-surround-speaker).  These were the recommended surround speakers for the Legend Series and were some of the best surrounds that Klipsch ever made.  There were even sold in the cinema line for a time.  If you want these exact speakers, then you will have to find them on the used market.  They do come up for sale used with some regularity.  I used a HiFi Shark saved search to find them when I was looking for some a while back.  There is one pair available on eBay right now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165914742505.  The seller has the wrong model designation in the listing title.  I messaged him to correct it.

If you want current product with a warranty, then look at the Klipsch Reference Premier surround speakers.

KSP-S6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

KSP-S6

Thanks mmurg, anyway to get measurements on these?  Spacing is tight in an RV.  Thoughts on pricing? I'm in Vegas so the used market is pretty good.

1 hour ago, TasDom said:

image.thumb.png.2898deea252b98acc43cf01b4e5ed8c4.png

Thanks TasDom, these were what I was thinking of.  Do you think these rs7s are the best in this shape?  Thoughts on pricing? 

6 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

Thanks mmurg, anyway to get measurements on these?  Spacing is tight in an RV.  Thoughts on pricing? I'm in Vegas so the used market is pretty good.

Thanks TasDom, these were what I was thinking of.  Do you think these rs7s are the best in this shape?  Thoughts on pricing? 

You have KLF 20s in an RV? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

In good condition, $400.00 is what I typically see as an average sell price.

16 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You have KLF 20s in an RV? 

Bruh, I have a pair of klf 20s, Vega surrounds(to be replaced) Vega center in the main living area.  And a pair of kg 5.2s, with jamo surrounds and center, 15" tympany powered sub, in the bedroom.....in an RV. My version of 2 zone.  And I have it so I can play all of them at once.   Priorities man... priorities..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

Specs are below.  Pricing can vary from around $250 - $400 per pair depending on condition.  The pair in the eBay listing I provided was $400.

image.thumb.png.0d2c9694641934b0090b4a6a4b30b0e5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Got_Horns said:

Bruh, I have a pair of klf 20s, Vega surrounds(to be replaced) Vega center in the main living area.  And a pair of kg 5.2s, with jamo surrounds and center, 15" tympany powered sub, in the bedroom.....in an RV. My version of 2 zone.  And I have it so I can play all of them at once.   Priorities man... priorities..

You have to post some pics. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Got_Horns said:

Bruh, I have a pair of klf 20s  Priorities man... priorities..

I believe @MMurg is correct the KSP-S6 is probably going to be the best voice match but @TasDom is also correct the RS-7 is the "better" speaker by a lot IMO but it's rather large. I've had both at the same time and the 7's have a larger, clearer sound as the horns are significantly larger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I believe @MMurg is correct the KSP-S6 is probably going to be the best voice match but @TasDom is also correct the RS-7 is the "better" speaker by a lot IMO but it's rather large. I've had both at the same time and the 7's have a larger, clearer sound as the horns are significantly larger. 

Thanks for this.  I don't have enough room for the ksp.  Only have 12.5" height.  There is someone selling the rs7 in good shape but is asking 500$ and won't budge.